Office Cleaning and Tea Assistants Programme
Johannesburg: 3-4 August 2017
Pretoria: 19-20 June 2017 / 10-11 August 2017
Durbanville, Cape Town: 7-8 August 2017
Durban: 21-22 June 2017
Single: R4,250.00 (R4,845.00 incl. VAT)
Early Bird Fee: R3,750.00 (R4,275.00 incl. VAT) for all registrations received and paid for by 20 June 2017
Group booking of 3 or more: R3,750.00 (R4,275.00 incl. VAT) T&C’s apply
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to email@example.com
This two-day training programme covers the basics of Cleaning Staff and Tea Lady Duties and is excellent for training new employees and refreshing existing employees. The Tea Lady plays a key role in providing a refreshment service to the company’s customers and staff. During this workshop, emphasis is placed on a variety of basic skills required by cleaning and tea ladies to provide excellent service to your staff and customers.
During the programme we highlight basic telephone and communication skills, introduction to business etiquette, Stock control, cleaning, personal, kitchen and bathroom hygiene. The programme further covers basic requirements for a first aid kit in the office and HIV / Aids awareness.
This course will assist and provide the learner with increased workplace management skills and aim to instil a sense of responsibility in the workplace, improve attention to detail, highlight the importance on all aspects of hygiene within the workplace and to increase delegates’ confidence and competence in fulfilling their tasks.
Basic telephone skills and importance of customer service are also covered to prepare delegates for a possible promotion into a receptionist or junior office admin position.
Basic skills on Telephone Etiquette, Listening Skills and Message Taking
- What is telephone etiquette?
- Why is message taking important?
- How good do we listen?
Introduction to Business Etiquette and Customer Service
- Overview of basic business etiquette
- Dining etiquette
- Why do we need customers?
- Why do we have to care for our customers?
- Dress Code
- Boardrooms and equipment
- Coffee stations and water fountains
- Desk cleaning and dusting
- Equipment cleaning and attention
- Floor and carpet cleaning
- Garbage and can areas
- Office maintenance and regular check-ups of equipment
- Report damaged / broken equipment
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning of the restrooms, showers and locker Rooms
- Odour control
- Preparing and replacing Stock
- Kitchen hygiene
- Equipment care
- Stock control of the kitchen
- Kitchen floor cleaning
- Efficiency and timely delivery of refreshments for meetings or functions
- Freshness of food and beverages
- How to prepare a tea / coffee tray (beverage)
- Preparing refreshments for a meeting
- Professional serving
How to Improve Cleaning Productivity
- How to plan your day / week
- Importance of a check list
Hygiene and HIV / Aids Awareness
- Maintain personal hygiene and health
- Personal and hygienic practice in the workplace
- Requirements for the Office First Aid Kit
- HIV/Aids awareness
- Learner guides / slides
- Practical demonstrations
- Group discussions
- Individual exercise