Office Cleaning and Tea Assistants Programme
***Now also available in Xhosa & Zulu for in-house groups***
Johannesburg: 28-29 January 2020
Pretoria: 30-31 January 2020
Durban North: 2-3 December 2019 / 20-21 February 2020
Durbanville, Cape Town: 4-5 December 2019 / 20-21 January 2020
Bloemfontein: 2-3 March 2020
Early bird fee less 15% per person off normal fee for 2019 and 2020 dates – available until 3 December 2019. See details below.
In-house bookings countrywide
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Charlotte on (011) 902-0720 or contact Ronell on 073 291 0450.
Course fee: R4.500.00 (R5,175.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate.
Early Bird fee less 15% = R3,825.00 (R4,398.75 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 3 December 2019.
Group fees for 5 or more people less R700.00 = R3,800.00 (R4,370.00 incl. VAT) for all NEW registrations received and paid by 3 December 2019 T&Cs apply.
Groups of more than 8 people will be done in-house. Groups of more than 10 people: please e-mail me at: email@example.com with your special requirements for a special quote.
This two-day training programme covers the basics of Cleaning Staff and Tea Lady Duties and is excellent for training new employees and refreshing existing employees. The Tea Lady plays a key role in providing a refreshment service to the company’s customers and staff. During this workshop, emphasis is placed on a variety of basic skills required by cleaning and tea ladies to provide excellent service to your staff and customers.
During the programme we highlight basic telephone and communication skills, introduction to business etiquette, Stock control, cleaning, personal, kitchen and bathroom hygiene. The programme further covers basic requirements for a first aid kit in the office and HIV / Aids awareness.
This course will assist and provide the learner with increased workplace management skills and aim to instil a sense of responsibility in the workplace, improve attention to detail, highlight the importance on all aspects of hygiene within the workplace and to increase delegates’ confidence and competence in fulfilling their tasks.
Basic telephone skills and importance of customer service are also covered to prepare delegates for a possible promotion into a receptionist or junior office admin position.
Basic skills on Telephone Etiquette, Listening Skills and Message Taking
- What is telephone etiquette?
- Why is message taking important?
- How good do we listen?
Introduction to Business Etiquette and Customer Service
- Overview of basic business etiquette
- Dining etiquette
- Why do we need customers?
- Why do we have to care for our customers?
- Dress Code
- Boardrooms and equipment
- Coffee stations and water fountains
- Desk cleaning and dusting
- Equipment cleaning and attention
- Floor and carpet cleaning
- Garbage and can areas
- Office maintenance and regular check-ups of equipment
- Report damaged / broken equipment
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning of the restrooms, showers and locker Rooms
- Odour control
- Preparing and replacing Stock
- Kitchen hygiene
- Equipment care
- Stock control of the kitchen
- Kitchen floor cleaning
- Efficiency and timely delivery of refreshments for meetings or functions
- Freshness of food and beverages
- How to prepare a tea / coffee tray (beverage)
- Preparing refreshments for a meeting
- Professional serving
How to Improve Cleaning Productivity
- How to plan your day / week
- Importance of a check list
Hygiene and HIV / Aids Awareness
- Maintain personal hygiene and health
- Personal and hygienic practice in the workplace
- Requirements for the Office First Aid Kit
- HIV/Aids awareness
- Learner guides / slides
- Practical demonstrations
- Group discussions
- Individual exercise