Office Cleaning and Tea Assistants Programme
(Our workshops are max. 15 people)
Johannesburg: 4-5 June 2020
Pretoria: 18-19 June 2020
Durbanville, Cape Town: 11-12 June 2020
Durban North: 23-24 June May 2020
In-house training sessions and group bookings
These are available countrywide on request – please e-mail me at email@example.com or contact Charlotte at 011: 902-0720 / Ronell: 073 291 0450.
Course fee: R4,500.00 (R5,175.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate.
Group booking discount for more than 3 people less 20% (R900.00) per person= R3,600.00 (R4,140.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 30 March 2020. Terms and conditions apply.
This two-day training programme covers the basics of Cleaning Staff and Tea Lady Duties and is excellent for training new employees and refreshing existing employees. The Tea Lady plays a key role in providing a refreshment service to the company’s customers and staff. During this workshop, emphasis is placed on a variety of basic skills required by cleaning and tea ladies to provide excellent service to your staff and customers.
During the programme we highlight basic telephone and communication skills, introduction to business etiquette, Stock control, cleaning, personal, kitchen and bathroom hygiene. The programme further covers basic requirements for a first aid kit in the office and HIV / Aids, TB and Hepatitis B awareness.
This course will assist and provide the learner with increased workplace management skills and aim to instil a sense of responsibility in the workplace, improve attention to detail, highlight the importance on all aspects of hygiene within the workplace and to increase delegates’ confidence and competence in fulfilling their tasks.
Basic telephone skills and importance of customer service are also covered to prepare delegates for a possible promotion into a receptionist or junior office admin position.
This workshop is NQF aligned, covering the various Unit Standards pertaining to the different modules of this programme
Basic skills on Telephone Etiquette, Listening Skills and Message Taking
- What is telephone etiquette?
- Why is message taking important?
- How good do we listen?
Introduction to Business Etiquette and Customer Service
- Overview of basic business etiquette
- Basic Dining etiquette
- Why do we need customers?
- Why do we have to care for our customers?
- Dress Code
- Boardrooms and equipment
- Coffee stations and water fountains
- Desk cleaning and dusting
- Equipment cleaning and attention
- Floor and carpet cleaning
- Garbage and can areas
- Office maintenance and regular check-ups of equipment
- Report damaged / broken equipment
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning of the restrooms, showers and locker rooms
- Odour control
- Preparing and replacing stock
- Kitchen hygiene
- Equipment care
- Stock control of the kitchen
- Kitchen floor cleaning
- How to prepare a tea / coffee trays
- Preparing refreshments for a meeting
How to Improve Cleaning Productivity
- How to plan your day / week
- Importance of a check list
Personal Hygiene and HIV / Aids, TB and Hepatitis B Awareness
- Maintain personal hygiene and health
- Personal and hygienic practice in the workplace
- Requirements for the Office First Aid Kit
- HIV / Aids, TB and Hepatitis B awareness
- Learner guides / slides