Office Administration 3-Day Programme
Johannesburg: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durbanville, Cape Town: 13-15 June 2018
Durban North: 18-20 June 2018
Single: R7,200.00 (R8,280.00 incl. 15% VAT)
Group booking of 5 delegates or more: R6,500.00 (R7,475.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate – T&Cs apply.
In-house Bookings countrywide:
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, please e-mail email@example.com
DURATION: 3 DAYS
Due to the rapid changes impacting organisations, administrators, office managers and office professionals are facing increasing challenges to boost their capabilities and increase their value to their managers.
This programme will provide you with cutting-edge competencies which will drive you to succeed as professionals. This practical programme is meant for those who want to make an impact, move forward and excel in their career.
The programme will further assist delegates who wish to develop their organisational and people skills to empower them with the knowledge they require to fast track their careers in the South African business market. Office Administrators and Assistants are core to business success, and this course is designed to give delegates the tools they need to understand and apply these critical components to their office environments.
Individuals starting out in office administration often have the opportunity to progress into junior management positions, if they demonstrate the preferred skills and attitude.
This interactive 3-day programme has been designed to not only support administrators with knowledge and skills for their existing positions, but also to introduce them to basic management principles. The programme further focusses on the necessary aspects of office efficiency and control – a must for developing great office support staff.
To further enhance administrators’ skills, delegates will walk away with an understanding and knowledge of the meaning and importance of being an Emotional Intelligent Administrator in the workplace and will understand the five competencies of Emotional Intelligence.
The Emotional Intelligence component of this programme will help delegates to understand and learn about the cutting edge requirements to be an exceptional administrator who can support their t-e-a-m-s in the workplace by being emotionally intelligent combining heart and head for phenomenal success.
This workshop explores the concept of Emotional Intelligence and allows for its practical application in the workplace, as well as in other areas of life.
The people who operate the office environment should be great organizers, administrators and should cope well in stressful situations. These are the people who need to be trained and coached in such situations in order that they support the very teams who create value to customers.
Who should attend this workshop?
Individuals looking to enter or recently appointed into the following positions:
Receptionists, Office Assistants, Office Administrators, Public Relations Assistants, Marketing Administrators, Clerical and Office Staff; Junior PAs; Junior Secretaries.
- An understanding of the role and function of an administrator in the organisation
- Understanding the importance of being an Emotional Intelligent administrator
- Understanding the importance of record keeping
- Principles of good corporate governance
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Business Etiquette and corporate dress code
- Importance of Corporate and Personal branding
- Time Management
- Introduction and understanding of basic Financial Management
- Diary Management
- Telephone skills and the use of the telephone as a resource in business
- Competent dealing with customers
- Successful dealing with difficult situations and superiors, including understanding of different personality profiles
- Conflict management overview
- Handling and preparing of correspondence and mail
- Understanding of the principles of Pro-activity
- Competency in records management
- Minute Taking and professional handling of meetings and documentation relating to meetings
- Introduction and understanding of basic Financial Management
- Importance of filing and record keeping
Emotional Intelligence and Supervision
The 5 competencies of Emotional Intelligence:
- Self-regulation: managing your emotions and becoming adaptable and innovative in stressful situations.
- Self-awareness: what drives you and what are you passionate about.
- Self-motivation: channel the power of your emotions towards a goal that will motivate and inspire yourself and your team in the workplace.
- Effective relationships that will develop with social skills, successful interacting with people and becoming better communicators and negotiators.
- Empathy: making a connection with people and being attuned to staff / customers’ needs and responses and to then act appropriately.
Relationship Management: Handling difficult situations and Superiors with finesse
- Understanding people
• Working with various personality styles
• Managing your manager
• Personality preferences
• Diversity management
• Managing and developing a relationship
The role of the Office Administrator
- Formal and informal Roles
• Understanding People
- Pro-active creativity
• Thinking ahead
• Independent versus dependent thinking
• Cultural issues
• Considering the best for your department
- Dress, mannerisms and appearance
• Telephone technique
• Professional behaviour
• Behaving appropriately in diverse circumstances
• Setting realistic objectives
• Goal Setting
• Important versus urgent
Customers and professional Telephone Skills
- Understand the definition of the customer
• Displaying a focused attitude
• Taking responsibility for your work space
• Practice superior telephone skills
• Developing excellent listening skills
• Taking pride in displaying courtesy and civility
Minute taking and professional handling of meetings and documentation
- Characteristics, purposes of, procedural requirements and general problems with formal meetings
• The functions, roles and responsibilities of the Chairman and Secretary
• Plan, prepare and write effective minutes
Introduction to Financial Management
- Understand the basic principles of finances within the organisation
Principles of Good Corporate Governance
- Why administrators and assistants should practice good governance
• What do I need to know about Corporate Governance
Filing and Record-Keeping
- Understand the importance of record keeping