Minute Taking & Meeting Procedure
Johannesburg: 10 October / 14 November 2019
Pretoria: 17 September 2019
Durbanville, Cape Town: 12 November 2019
Port Elizabeth: 22 October 2019
Durban North: 12 September / 19 November 2019
Bloemfontein: 23 October 2019
***Early bird discount of R700.00 and group bookings less R1000.00 per person off the normal fee – available until 11 September 2019 – See details below***
Single: R3,850.00 (R4,427.50 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate
Early bird discount (less R700.00) R3150.00 (R3,622.50 incl. VAT) per delegate for all NEW registrations received and paid by 11 September 2019.
Group bookings for 3 or more delegates (less R1,000.00): R2,850.00 (R3,277.50 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate for all NEW Registrations received and paid by 11 September 2019.
In-House Countrywide: for in-house group bookings and other enquiries email Ronell at email@example.com or phone Charlotte 011 902 0720 / 073 291 0450.
To produce accurate minutes of meetings is an essential communication tool in any organisation and can be a very challenging process.
During this session we will discuss a number of important pointers and practices with regards to minute taking, meeting procedures and the actual writing of the minutes as well as formats, structure, time keeping, responsibilities of both the Chairperson and Secretary during, before and after the meeting.
We will also explore tone, style, audience, writing techniques and other significant factors which need to be kept in mind with writing efficient minutes and organising professional meetings.
At the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics, purposes of, procedural requirements and general problems with formal meetings
- Understand the functions, roles and responsibilities of the Chairperson
- Understand the functions, roles and responsibilities of secretaries and PAs
- Plan, prepare and write effective minutes
- Know and understand how to store / archive minutes
- Apply the newly acquired skills and knowledge in practical meeting procedures and minute taking.
- Use of technology in meetings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Chairpersons and secretaries of meetings
- Committee members
- Executive Personal Assistants and Secretaries
- Personal Assistants and Secretaries
- Office Administrators
- Any employee who needs to improve their administrative, time management and organisational skills.
Delegates will get new ideas and will gain additional knowledge from others through the interaction of the workshop. The exercises are interesting and will keep you focused.
- Functions of the Secretary and meeting preparation – before, during and after the meeting including the compiling and finalising the Agenda
- Characteristics of formal meetings
- Purposes of meetings and how these affect procedures
- General problems with meetings and reasons for them
- Validating Meetings: Procedural Requirements
- How to ensure that all relevant items are on the agenda
- Time Management at meetings and who’s responsibility it is
- Controlling the attendees at the meeting and their participation
- Functions of the Chairperson
- Characteristics of a good Chairperson
- Keeping to the agenda
- How to handle items such as: General / Any Other Business / Matters arising
- Proposing and seconding for formal meetings
- General Guidelines on first taking notes and then writing minutes
- Essential components of good minutes
- Characteristics of good minutes
- The use of technology as a back-up tool
- Archiving minutes