Management Skills for Administrative Professionals
Johannesburg: 7-9 October 2019
Durbanville, Cape Town: 21-23 October 2019
Pretoria: 14-16 October 2019
Durban/Port Elizabeth: In-house on request. Minimum 6 people.
In-house Bookings country-wide :
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, please e-mail Ronell at email@example.com or contact Charlotte on 011: 902-0720 or Ronell at 073 291 0450.
Normal fee: R7,950.00 (R9,142.50 incl. VAT) per delegate.
Early Bird fee less R950.00 p/p = R7,000.00 (R8,050.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 17 September 2019.
Group booking for 3 or more delegates less R1,250.00 p/p = R6,700.00 (R7,705.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 17 September 2019.
Most senior managers expect you to have Leadership and Management skills in order to set your own administrative priorities. In addition, you must have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To be able to do all of your tasks and responsibilities successfully, you need to have strategic insight and be able to improve and streamline processes. Also you should be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement. This interactive workshop will equip you with a wide range of skills to tackle any challenge in your work space with greater confidence and effectiveness.
Who should attend?
• Experienced EA’s
• Executive PA’s
• Secretaries and
• Office Administrators who need to expand their management skills in order to support their superiors and organisations better and further their careers.
• Manage changing roles and responsibilities whether working with bosses, peers, team members or customers
• Meet dynamic work expectations by expanding your proactive capabilities
• Clearly and confidently communicate and negotiate to manage conflicts and achieve results
• Apply emotional intelligence and effective listening practices to your job
• Use strategic diplomacy to handle office politics, difficult people and demanding situations
• Manage changing roles and responsibilities when working with bosses, peers, Team members and clients
• Meet dynamic work expectations through proactively managing time and priorities
• Communicate and negotiate with clarity and confidence to achieve results and manage conflicts
• Use personal Change Management to work more effectively with and through others
• Bring about change even when faced with resistance
• Apply a systematic approach to plan and engage others in the change process
Managing Roles, responsibilities and Team work
• Managing roles, responsibilities and authority to meet goals
• Identify and support differing work style preferences using new skills and best practices
• Recognizing and proactively using critical thinking to support achievement of Team-based goals
Managing Time and Priorities
• Establishing a systematic and efficient approach to work using prioritization and Time Management strategies
• Identify Strategic uses of Technology to manage information and better utilize time
• Evaluate current roles and responsibilities to identify activities that can be delegated
Managing Relationships and Communication
• Using Emotional Intelligence and effective listening practices to prepare to be an effective colleague, partner and Leader
• Apply Assertive Communication using verbal and non-verbal behaviours
• Exhibit confidence and influence using tested Presentation models
Managing Negotiations and Conflicts
• Define the sources of Conflict in the workplace
• Employ strategic diplomacy to handle office politics, difficult people and demanding situations
• Negotiate to empower self and others to achieve goals