Midrand, Johannesburg: 23-24 January / 5-6 March 2020
Durbanville, Cape Town: 28-29 January / 10-11 March 2020
Durban North: 3-4 February / 2-3 April 2020
* Early bird discount less 20% and group discount less 25% per delegate off the normal fee – available until 20 November 2019. See details further down. *
Normal Fee: R6,950.00 (R7,923.00 incl. VAT) per person.
Early bird fee less 20% (R1,390.00) per delegate = R5,560.00 (R6,394.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all NEW registrations received and paid by 20 November 2019.
Group fee for 3 or more delegates less 25% (R1,737.50) per delegate = R5,212.50 (R5,994.38 Incl. VAT) per delegate for all NEW registrations received and paid by 20 November 2019.
In-house Bookings country-wide
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, please email me at email@example.com or contact Charlotte on 011: 902-0720 or Ronell: 073 291 0450.
Duration: 2 days
Projects are an integral part of everyday workplace activities. This course will enable you to be well versed in every aspect of projects, its technical knowledge and in its required outcomes, yet also enable you to define the path of the process.
This course takes a look at the main areas and core skills of project management and by understanding some of the techniques and through demonstrated application, it hopes to improve delegates’ knowledge and chances of directing and running successful projects. This is specifically aimed at PAs, Executive Secretaries, Office Administrators and Non-Project Managers.
This 2-day workshop has been designed to provide delegates with the essential knowledge to effectively plan, implement and review projects. In addition, delegates will be able to gauge their level of communication, time management and problem solving to enable them to refine these key skills.
This course aims to:
- Understand the concepts of project management
- Define a project for success
- Understand the importance of planning and the tools to plan with
- Manage the resources to successfully implement a project
- Evaluate project success
- Adopt a project management approach in day to day activities
- Provide experiential learning on the course.
- Any person who needs to do small projects
- PAs & Office Administrators, Secretaries, Receptionists
- Event Organisers
- Managers who need to manage project teams
- Staff who will be part of project teams
Executives who are members of steering committees or sponsors of projects
Module 1: Project Management Introduction, Principles and Concepts
- Understanding project management
- Identifying the role players and their accountabilities
- Organisational structures and project management Staffing the project office and team
- Management functions
Module 2: Project Investigation and Definition Phase
- Project management life cycle
- How to define a project
- As is investigation
- Costing the existing situation
- Feasibility studies
- Clarifying the way forward
- Scoping the project
- Results to achieved
- Results not to achieve
- Results to avoid
- Planning the tasks
- Practical exercises
Module 3: Project Planning
- Work breakdown structure
- Precedents analysis
- Network diagram
- Negotiating for resources
- Responsibility assignment matrix
- Identifying and planning for risks
- Budgeting and estimating
- Demonstration of how to use PM software
- Practical exercises
Module 4: Project Implementation and Closure
- How to develop the team
- Time management
- How to conduct meetings
- Understanding individual needs and motivation
- Scope management
- How to delegate effectively
- Project auditing
- Post implementation review