Professional Receptionist (Excellent Telephone and Customer Service Skills)
Midrand Johannesburg: 19-20 July 2018
Pretoria: 16-17 July 2018
Durbanville, Cape Town: 25-26 September 2018
Durban North: 10-11 September 2018
Port Elizabeth: please email email@example.com
Single: R4,500.00 (R5,175.00 incl. 15% VAT)
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of this two-day workshop is to equip receptionists and front desk operators to be more productive and professional in the workplace. The role of the receptionist / front desk operator has changed dramatically over the past few years and these are the jewels and gems in your company who can make or break the professional image you would like to project to current or potential customers.
Today’s receptionists, front desk operators and office support staff are often asked to take on more and more demands.
They are required to make decisions, solve problems, handle safety concerns and communicate with professionals at all levels.
This 2-day interactive programme will help prepare them for any and all new demands thrown their way.
The workshop will teach delegates all the skills they need to communicate positively and professionally with both internal and external customers via email, face to face or by telephone. Participants will learn email structure and etiquette and will leave the workshop able to create email messages that are positive, professional, clear, and concise.
Why you need phone etiquette training
We all know that satisfied customers are loyal customers and loyal customers are repeat customers and desired brand supporters.
With confident and knowledgeable receptionists and front desk operators, you are able to create satisfied customers and keep them satisfied.
Telephone etiquette also improves customer satisfaction, increases sales and reduces escalations.
On the other hand, representatives who do not have good phone etiquette will lose sales and be a major contributor to customer neglect.
Effective email communication
Are your employees able to communicate effectively in writing? Your front desk employees are the face of your company, so when they are composing email responses, you want the communication to be professional and create a positive customer experience.
Customers today demand world-class service
Customers will reward companies that provide world-class service by remaining loyal and they will take their business elsewhere if service is mediocre. Every single employee in your company who deals with customers contributes to the image of your company and they are the face and voice of your company. Organisations realise the value that front-line employees bring to provide world-class customer service.
What delegates will learn
- Safety and security at the front desk
- How good a gatekeeper is your receptionist / front desk operator
- Adhere to business protocol and ethics
- Portray a polite and friendly image with more confidence and body language
- Distinguish between Personal vs. Professional Image
- The importance to have a professional dress code even if customers never even see or meet you
- Communicate and interact efficiently and professionally with different cultures
- Improve listening skills to have better and improved communication skills with customers at all levels
- Answer the telephone professionally, clearly and politely
- Efficient transferring of calls and the correct way of putting people on hold
- Skills of effective message-taking
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Improved confidence
- The importance of gaining trust and having integrity
- The ability to provide excellent customer service every time
Telephone skills and impact of professionalism
- The importance of answering all calls in a professional manner
- The impact it has on the company’s image
- The importance of non-verbal communication on the telephone
- Elements of speech such as pronunciation, emphasis, pitch of voice, pause, etc.
Ethics, Trust and Integrity
- What if no-one trusts you?
- What is integrity and why is it important?
- The four Agreements
- Religious / holy and public holidays
- Business cards etiquette
Professional Image: Personal vs. Professional Life
- Guidelines for professional dress code, styles and accessories
- Building professional relationships
- Personal branding: why the need to build a personal brand and what’s in it for you?
- Good telephone manners
- Do’s and don’ts of transferring calls
Five Communications Styles
- What are the five communication styles?
- Characteristics of each communication style
- Benefits of understanding each communication style
Benefits of Professional Telephone Etiquette and communication
- Build customer loyalty
- Techniques to communicate successfully with the caller
- Telephone time management in order to increase productivity
Professional handling of Incoming Enquiries
- Effective questioning techniques
- Find out what the caller really needs
- Excellent listening skills and building rapport
- Obtaining the correct information
- Asking the right questions
- Maintaining a positive impression of your company
- Accurate and effective message-taking
- Importance of correct message-taking and following up
Customers and why we need to keep them
- Portraying a polite and friendly image
- Needs and benefits of customer service: internal and external customers
- Cultivating a service attitude
- Assisting customers with requests and enquiries
- Why enquiries need to be attended to immediately?
Dealing with Difficult Customers
- How to handle difficult customers successfully
- Delivering and receiving constructive feedback
Business safety, etiquette & protocol at the Front Desk / Reception
Are you confident that your front desk is as safe and secure as it should be?
- Have you eliminated all potential security gaps in your reception area?
- Is there a reliable screening process for visitors? Is your receptionist able to ensure that they are not walking around unaccompanied in off-limit areas of the building or premises?
- Would your receptionist be ready with emergency response strategies to get help quickly if needed?
- Does your company have an emergency action plan that everyone follows without questions?
- Does your receptionist know exactly what to look for to identify potentially hazardous situations?
Defining Business Etiquette & Protocol
- Definition of etiquette and protocol guidelines
- Titles and Seniority
Protocol and etiquette in business
- Quizzes and questionnaires
- General guidelines on company protocol
- Impeccable behaviour
- Are you an ambassador for your company?
- Body Language
- Know your company’s products and services
Different Forms of Address
- Know the rules
- Cultural commonalities
- Gender roles
- Non-verbal Communication
Guidelines of gifts
- Exchanging of gifts
- Gift Policy guidelines
- Presentation of gifts
Conversations at work
- Gossiping and what impact it has on your personal branding
- Sensitive topics to avoid
- Cultural Diversity and Respect
- Ethnic Jokes
- Listening Skills