Executive PA & Office Administrator Master Class
Johannesburg: 2-4 May 2018
Durbanville, Cape Town: 11-13 April 2018 / 20-22 June 2018
Durban North: 9-11 April 2018 / 18-20 June 2018
Bloemfontein: 14-16 May 2018
Port Elizabeth: 26-28 March 2018
Single: R7,500.00 (R8,550.00 incl. VAT)
Group Booking of 3 delegates or more: R6,500.00 (R7,410.00 incl. VAT) per delegate – T&Cs apply.
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to email@example.com
DURATION: THREE DAYS
This interactive 3-day programme aims to explore the objectives of the modern Executive PA and Office Administrator’s role and the skills they must master on a daily basis. PAs add significant value to their role and strategies for managing and organising multiple bosses. They learn to identify their boss shifting priorities without being told and how to time-manage their own workload.
This challenging and enjoyable course aims to develop and stretch the PA and Office Administrator’s role and skill set while developing his / her personal brand.
Administrative professionals and Executive Assistants often see themselves in their support roles as being non – leaders and this is nothing further from the truth. Everybody is a leader – no matter what position you hold.
Directors and Managers want their assistant / administrators to be exceptional since those who are, contribute significantly to their success. Today’s PAs / EAs must be extremely competent and totally reliable, capable of taking on wider tasks than those of a purely secretarial nature.
The role of the PA, EA and Office Administrator is one that is incredibly undervalued. During this programme we will explore ways on how to push for more recognition – both within your organisation and within the PA community. The role of PAs has changed significantly in recent years – the shift in responsibility, the challenges faced, the drivers of change and the need for skills development and training.
NEW TOPICS ADDED TO THE PROGRAMME:
- Why do Executives still need PAs?
- How to grow recognition of the PA / EA role
- From Personal Assistant (PA) to Virtual Assistant (VA)
- Take the Lead: Do More – Be More – Achieve More!
- The secret of personal power
- Who’s brand do you build
- 5 Administrative skills and attributes every PA / EA should have
- Building a Powerful PA Brand: No brand exists in isolation. You can have a great impact on your boss’ brand by how you operate within the company and that the relationship between you and your manager(s) also create an independent, overlapping brand.
- Tips for choosing your words wisely.
- What are your work style and work values?
- Remember: Average is a dead-end.
After attending this course participants will have the ability to:
- Recognise your professional role as part of the management team
- Manage your time effectively, prioritise and delegate
- Apply problem solving techniques
- Communicate more confidently and effectively
- Provide improved support for your manager
- Take the lead without being told to do so
- Build on your personal power
- Realise the impact you have on building your own brand and that of your manager
- Managing your mouth
- Know that everything is about ATTITUDE
- You are in control of your own destiny by the CHOICES you make
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Personal Assistants and Secretaries
- Executive Assistants and PAs
- Office Administrators
- Senior Administrators
- Office Managers
- Personality traits of a master performer
- The Professional role of the senior secretary.
- People management: When to say yes and when to say no!
- Time management and time wasters: specific solutions to gain the title master performer
- Contributing to your Manager’s success
- The secret to prioritising
Handling the unique demands of your role
- Assertiveness vs aggressiveness
- Equity, ethics and teaching your team to trust in you
- Continuous self-development to build your confidence
- Questioning and listening skills
- Protocol, etiquette and personal branding tips
- Action Planning
- Diary Management
Communication and Organising skills
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Travel, conferencing and event planning tips
- Improving personal effectiveness.
- Boosting your credibility in the office
- Sharing best practices with your colleagues
Being the Best vs. Being Superb
- The truth about trust
- Giving people what they need: Care, value and prestige
- Does your approach match your skill
Managing your mouth
- Understanding your natural reactions
- Don’t say the wrong things – Reducing sarcasm
Building beter business relationships
- Effective relationships between managers and employees
- Keep in touch: Setting the standard for corporate communications
- Living with silence: The fine art of shutting up
- Managing distractions
- The fine art of being liked: Listening and learning
Dealing with different personalities
Managing your Manager
Importance of good first impressions
Building your unique personal brand
Tangible benefits from being a good listener
*** Overview of Minute Taking and Effective Meeting Procedures ***
As from 2016, this section will run as a separate workshop and delegates who have attended this Executive PA and Office Administration Master Class workshop, will qualify for a R500.00 discount off the normal fee for the Master Class Minute Taking and Meeting Procedures workshop. For enquiries in this regard, please contact Charlotte at 011:869-9626.