Executive PA & Office Administrator Master Class
Workshop dates 2019 & 2020:
Johannesburg (Midrand / Randburg): 13-15 Nov 2019 / 12-14 February 2020
Durbanville, Cape Town: 11-13 Nov 2019 / 19-21 February 2020
Pretoria: 17-19 February 2020
Durban North: 18-20 Nov 2019 / 24-26 February 2020
Port Elizabeth: 3-5 March 2020
Bloemfontein: 10-12 February 2020
East London: 17-19 February 2020
**** Early bird discount of 20% p/p and group booking discount of 25% p/p off the normal fee for 2019 and 2020 available until 18 November 2019. See details further down.***
Normal fee: R7,500.00 (R8,625.00 incl. VAT) per delegate.
Early bird discount less 20% (R1,500.00) p/p = R6,000.00 (R6,900.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 18 November 2019.
Group bookings for 3 or more delegates less 25% (R1,875.00) p/p = R5,625.00 (R6,468.75 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 18 November 2019.
In-house training sessions and group bookings These are available countrywide on request – please e-mail me at email@example.com<mailto:event
DURATION: THREE DAYS
This interactive 3-day programme aims to explore the objectives of the modern Executive PA and Office Administrator’s role and the skills they must and master daily. Personal Assistants and Office Administrators add significant value to their role and strategies for managing and organising multiple bosses. They learn to identify their bosses shifting priorities without being told, and how-to time-manage their own workload while being part of a team..
This challenging and enjoyable course aims to develop and stretches the PA and Office Administrator’s role and skill set while developing his / her personal brand and preparing them to stay ahead of the Fourth industrial Revolution (4IR) we are working in..
Administrative professionals and Executive Assistants often see themselves in their support roles as being non – leaders and this is nothing further from the truth. Everybody is a leader – no matter what position you hold.
Directors and Managers want their assistant / administrators to be exceptional since those who are, contribute significantly to their success. Today’s PAs / EAs must be extremely competent and totally reliable, capable of taking on wider tasks than those of a purely secretarial nature.
The role of the PA, EA and Office Administrator are one that is incredibly undervalued. During this programme, we will explore ways on how to push for more recognition – both within your organisation and within the PA community. The role of PAs has changed significantly in recent years – the shift in responsibility, the challenges faced, the drivers of change and the need for skills development and training.
*** NEW TOPICS ADDED TO THE PROGRAMME ***
* 5 ways to catch-up and improve on your productivity
* How to survive and keep your job in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
* Learn how to boot productivity suckers and how to fight them
* Why working too many hours is not such a good idea
* Six essential keys to help you to perform at your best
* Master your Workflow: This is what separates ordinary performers from the extra-ordinary
* What to do when there is too much to do.
* Problem-solving and Decision-making for better communication
* Leadership and Teamwork tips and skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
* Personal Assistants and Secretaries
* Executive Assistants and PAs
* Office Administrators
* Senior Administrators
* Office Managers
* Senior Receptionists.
After attending this course, amongst others, participants will have the ability to:
* Recognise your professional role as part of the management t-e-a-m
* Manage your time effectively, prioritise and delegate
* Apply problem solving techniques
* Communicate more confidently and effectively
* Provide improved support for your manager
* Take the lead without being told to do so
* Build on your personal power
* Realise the impact you have on building your own brand and that of your manager
* Managing your mouth
* Know that everything is about ATTITUDE
* You are in control of your own destiny by the CHOICES you make
* Know the importance of observing proper business protocol
During the three days, we will also deal with the following:
* Why do Managers / Executives still need PAs?
* How safe is your job in the digital place of work in the future?
* How to grow recognition of the PA / EA role
* Whose brand are you building? Building a Powerful PA Brand: No brand exists in isolation. You can have a great impact on your boss’ brand by how you operate within the company and that the relationship between you and your manager(s) also create an independent, overlapping brand.
* What are your work style and work values?
* Remember: Average is a dead-end.
* Personality traits of a master performer
• The Professional role of the senior secretary.
• People management: When to say yes and when to say no!
• Time management and time wasters: specific solutions to gain the title master performer
• Contributing to your Manager’s success
• The secret to prioritising
Handling the unique demands of your role
* Assertiveness vs aggressiveness
• Equity, ethics and teaching your team to trust in you
• Continuous self-development to build your confidence
• Questioning and listening skills
• Action Planning
Creating a Positive Image
• Professional appearance: wardrobe and grooming
• Body language
• Effectively handling dress code issues
Communication and Organising skills
* Advanced interpersonal communication skills
• Improving personal effectiveness.
• Boosting your credibility in the office
• Sharing best practices with your colleagues
Being the Best vs. Being Superb
* The truth about trust
• Giving people what they need: Care, value and prestige
• Does your approach match your skill
Managing your mouth
* Understanding your natural reactions
• Don’t say the wrong things – Reducing sarcasm
Leadership Skills and Teamwork
* Lessons learned from the animal kingdom about leadership and teamwork
* How to use this to your advantage
Building better business relationships
* Effective relationships between managers and employees
• Stay Connected: Setting the standard for corporate communications
• Living with silence: The fine art of shutting up
• Managing distractions
• The fine art of being liked: Listening and learning Dealing with different personalities Workflow Mastery: all about organising your time, tasks and Inbox Managing your Manager Building your unique personal brand Tangible benefits from being a good listener