Advanced Executive PA Programme
Johannesburg: 11-13 March 2019
Durbanville, Cape Town: 25-27 March 2019
Durban, North: 3-5 March 2019
Single: R8,800.00 (R10,120.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate
Group Booking of 3 delegates or more (less 25%): R6,600.00 (R7,590.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate
In-House Bookings countrywide
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries please e-mail email@example.com or contact Charlotte on firstname.lastname@example.org or 062 162 1640
DURATION: 3 DAYS
Aimed at Executive Level EAS and PA’s including Emotional Intelligence, Team Roles, Assertiveness, Strategic Thinking and Strategy Tools.
This powerful interactive workshop offers a managerial perspective on the Executive PA and Administrator role and delegates will be equipped with all the requisite skills required to move or be promoted to top positions in their organisations.
To remain competent in the workplace administrators, office managers and secretaries need to be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills. This programme identifies and examines the key components of the role and within each element builds up a range of approaches and techniques for operating an efficient office or support team. These elements include: interpersonal skills, communication, organisational and productivity management competencies and leadership skills.
Practical skills such as developing effective communication skills, social intelligence, flexibility, people management skills, delegating, mentoring, negotiating skills and work-life balance will be dealt with in detail and reinforced.
Managing your Executive / Manager is arguably one of your main functions and this can be very challenging to ensure continuity and effectiveness within the office. This essential working relationship will also be explored during the workshop.
By the end of this programme delegates will have a deeper insight into the following aspects of their jobs.
- Making the shift from Executive PA / Administrator to business partner
- Build an approach that suits their own individual style and workplace
- Develop office procedures, critical thinking abilities and communication skills for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understanding different personalities and how to work effectively with them
- Adapting to the Executive Director / Manager’s needs and working style
- Understand the pillars of confidence
- Techniques for influencing management
- Learn helpful ways to deal with criticism and difficult people
- Acquire leadership skills as an Administrator
- Ultimate productivity management
- Mentoring skills
- Work smarter – not harder
- How to be assertive without being offence
- Practical win-win negotiation skills
- Project Management Overview
- Work-Life Balance
- Developing Social Intelligence skills
- Learn about digital decluttering
Delegates will be expected to complete various questionnaires which form part of certain modules of the programme. These questionnaires need to be completed prior to the start of the workshop.
ESSENTIAL ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS
The Role of the Modern Advanced PA / Office Administrator
- Defining your role
- Taking your PA skills to the next level
- Identifying with the professional profile of a world-class PA
- Do you have tomorrow’s top wanting talents for the top wanted PA?
Personal Competencies and Efficiencies
- Competencies of an elite assistant
- How to be better at what you do?
- Work smarter – NOT harder
- Procrastination: the 7 biggest time-wasting things in life
- Tips on how to be more productive each day
- How to FINISH what you START
- Maximise your efficiency in the office
Developing your own Leadership Skills
- Understand what makes a leader.
- Leadership principles to learn from an eagle.
- Leadership skills required in an administrative position
Developing as a Professional
- You and your personal brand
- Creating a professional image
- How to identify tasks that add value to your role.
What to do when things DON’T GO YOUR WAY.
7 Things you need to give up before you can move forward.
10 Things to Master and become resilient.
MINUTE TAKING OVERVIEW
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR WORK-LIFE
Managing the Office with Trust
- Do’s and Don’ts of delegation
- Delegating below, sideways and upwards
- 10 Rules for Successful Delegation
- Never forget the importance of TRUST
- The 5 levels of trust
Handling difficult and demanding colleagues in the workplace
- Four general intents shaping behaviour
- What drives behaviour?
- 9 Thinking behaviours
- Coping techniques for difficult and demanding Managers
Effectively Managing Your Boss and your Team
- Know the different personalities styles of your boss and your team
- Know your team’s leadership and thinking styles
- Strategies for improving your working relationship with your boss
- Enhancing your boss’s brand
- Discovering your boss’s daily priorities without being told
- How to be a good follower
- Harmonising with your boss’s work style
- What are the personality traits of the great boss?
VITAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Communication Skills: Getting What you want from others
- Saying ‘NO’ constructively.
- Listening skills – seeking to understand before being understood
- Strategies for better communication in dealing with criticism from difficult people.
- Communication, listening skills and body language – why people still get it wrong.
- Dealing assertively with your manager and team members.
SUCCESSFUL CONFLICT AND NEGOTIATION SKILLS
Conflict and Negotiation Strategies
- The rules of negotiation
- Identifying what the other party needs from you
- 4 Different conflict styles and how to manage them
- Practical problem-solving techniques
Social Media, Digital Decluttering and E-mail Management
- 9 Steps to help you manage social media.
- Tips to effective e-mail management
- Digital decluttering
- Develop habits to Daily Inbox Zero (Checklist included).
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OVERVIEW
- The essential skills of emotional intelligence
- Using emotional intelligence at work
- Transforming fear and negativity and reactive-ness
- Becoming a more proactive, responsible and self-aware person
Self-Empowerment and Self-Management
- Understanding the main causes of stress
- How to relax and refresh the mind and body
- The signs, symptoms, causes and triggers to stress
- Why stress is a powerful messenger
- How to break the vicious cycle of stressful thinking