5-Day Office Administrator Bootcamp
JHB: 30 July – 3 August 2018
Durban North: 20-24 August 2018
Durbanville: 13-17 August 2018
Single: R13,900.00 (R15,985.00 incl. 15% VAT) Accommodation is not included and is for the delegates account.
Group bookings for 5 or more delegates: R9,730.00 (R11,189.50 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate.
Course fees for 5 days: R13,900.00 (R15985.00 incl. 15% VAT) (Accommodation is not included and for the delegates account)
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Bootcamp is not a school – not a class – not a seminar – not just a PowerPoint presentation – but a REAL-WORLD WORKPLACE PROGRAMME.
The BOOTCAMP is presented over 5 days and providing you with the executive tools you need to make it to the top in any organisation. This programme aims to pave the way for possible future promotion from Senior or Executive PA into your company’s management t-e-a-m.
NOT FOR THE SOFT-HEARTED:
Training days are 8.5 hours long – 08:00 for 08.30 to 17:00 daily with lunch, tea breaks (morning and afternoon).
NO cell phones – no smart phones – no tablets – no laptops allowed during training sessions except for Day 5 when a laptop is required..
Thorough – Intensive – Real-world programme.
- The aim of this programme is to mould you into the kind of Administrator or Executive PA every organisation would want to employ.
- Working as an Administrator or Executive PA you should consistently know what is going on all around you. The programme will further aim to assist and prepare you for this role and beyond, and help you to deal with the stress and anxiety that comes with you role.
- At the end of each day delegates will be required to complete an assignment related to that day’s programme and ample time will be given to complete these so it can be handed in at the close of each day (17:00).
DEFINING AND ENHANCING THE ROLE
- Attitude and responsibilities
• Know that everything is about ATTITUDE
• How do I handle the power entrusted to me?
• Saying ‘No’ constructively
• What are your work style and work values?
• 10 Ways to Innovate and Impress at Work
• Remember: Average is a dead-end
• Things Outside my Control vs Things I can Control
• 10 Things to master and become Resilient
• The POWERof one.
Effective Time Management:
- 8 Habits of highly productive people
- How to FINISH what you START
- Stop procrastinating
- 7-step plan to be more Productive
L E A D E R S H I P SKILLS FOR ADMINISTRATORS
- Personality profiles
- What makes a leader?
- 5 C’s of Leadership
- 7 Things you need to give up to move forward
- 7 Steps toward developing a remarkable team
- 7 Leadership principles to learn from an eagle
- The leader of tomorrow: What will he / she look like?
- Skills required to succeed as a leader in an Administrative position
- Components of effective feedback
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE FOR SUCCESS: ASSERTIVENESS, CONFLICT, LISTENING AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Best practice Emotional Intelligence
- Best ways to manage conflict
- 10 Ways to cultivate mindfulness and self-compassion
Effective Listening & Communication Skills
- Choose your words wisely
- How to deal with Rude People
- Conflict Management
- Listening & Communication skills
WORK-LIFE BALANCE & WORKPLACE WELLNESS: FATIGUE, ANGER & ANXIETY MANAGEMENT – AN OVERVIEW
- Understanding and defining fatigue and alertness?
- The extent and causes of fatigue in modern life.
- Impact of fatigue on health, safety and performance in the workplace.
- The sleep cycle and importance of different types of sleep for physical and psychological recuperation.
- Sleep hygiene and other aspects to improve the quantity and quality of sleep.
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on sleeping and alertness.
- Understanding the causes of anger and anxiety in the workplace.
- Work-life balance: neuro-science approach.
MAKING S O C I A L MEDIA WORK FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Facebook for business
- Twitter for business
- Instagram for business
- LinkedIn for business
*** A Laptop is required for this session – WI-FI will be available. ***
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Ambitious PAs, Office Administrators and Secretaries who are confident in their current positions and who wish to grow into junior management positions.
- Those who wish to improve their effectiveness and responsibilities.
- PAs and Secretaries and Administrators who wish to be more proactive, grow in their positions, increase their portfolio of skills and competencies.
These costs are not included in the BOOTCAMP fees.
Delegates can contact Juannita for contact details of the various venues regarding accommodation costs. These costs are for the delegate’s accounts.