Guide to Importing and Exporting
* Course fee (3 days): R8,500.00 (R9,775.00 incl. VAT) per delegate.
Early bird fee less R900.00: R7,600.00 (R8,740.00 incl. VAT) for all new registrations received and paid by 19 March 2019.
Group booking for 3 or more delegates less R1,200.00: R7,300.00 (R8,395.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 19 March 2019.
In-house bookings country wide and other enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Charlotte on 011 902 0720 / 062 162 1640 OR Ronell 073 291 0450.
DURATION: 3 DAYS
Our Guide to Importing & Exporting will introduce you to the world of international business from a beginner’s perspective, highlighting critical resources that exist with each of the eight steps. This comprehensive package will teach you how to get started in international trade. This training is recommended for anyone who has never exported or imported before or is interested in learning more about the overall process.
International Trade – Education and Training
Ranging from importing to exporting, compliance to government laws, harmonized code classifications to cross-cultural communications, the programme offered through the NORCAZ ACADEMY addresses the full outline of global trade and business.
Our facilitator will provide in-depth review and real-world examples on the following topics:
- Introduction to and review of basic trade & transport documents,
- How the documentation process affects payment and customs clearance,
- Import / Export regulations and compliance,
- Role of a freight forwarder,
- The importance of cargo insurance,
- Payment methods (letters of credit, etc)
- Temporary exports, and the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Over the last decade, the world has taken notice of the potential the African continent holds. According to US research house Frost & Sullivan, Sub-Saharan trade volumes are expected to quadruple by 2030 and intra-regional trade volumes are expected to increase by around 350% over this time.
With this POTENTIAL around the corner – why are we not exporting more to our neighbouring countries or further up the continent already?
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Avoid costly mistakes by understanding the ‘heel’ of trade and its different facets
- Learn how to apply the correct terms of sale to apply to your contract
- Find out how different Trade Agreements like EU, AGOA, SADC etc can save you money and encourage more business.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is recommended for personnel involved in importing and exporting in RSA, including logistics, sales, legal, financial, and administration departments.
- Trade – brief outline / history
- Geography of trade
- Learn about geographic challenges
- Methods of transport (air, sea, road, courier)
- Transit Delays
- The contract between the buyer & the seller
- The Terms of Sale (Incoterms 2010) – ICC
- Duties of buyer and seller in each term (EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF etc)
- Insurance risk in each of the above terms
- Types of containers (Air & Sea)
- Import Permits – ITAC
- Registration with SARS
- SABS approval / Letters of Authority
- Health & Beauty
- Agricultural Dept. etc
- Payment methods & Exchange regulations
- Letter of Credit
- Open Account
- Forward Cover
- SARS rates of exchange vs bank rates
- Customs Harmonised Tariff
- SARS Valuation
- Calculation of Duties, Surcharges, VAT
- Commercial Invoice
- Bills of Lading vs Airwaybills
- Packing list
- Marine Insurance
- Valuation – Insurable Value
- Institute of Cargo Clauses A,B,C
- When and who claims
- Backing documentation
- COSTINGS – how to cost your import shipment (if there’s time)
- Importance of background knowledge of country to deal with
- Contract of Sale
- Methods of payment
- Risks & advantages
- Reserve Bank rules
- Second hand goods
- CITES permits
- SADC Certificates
- Certificates of Origin
- Chamber of Commerce certification
- Bills of Lading as Document of Ownership
- PSI – Pre shipment Inspection
- Packaging methods
- Claim procedures
- COSTINGS : how to work out FOB, CIF etc prices to your client
QUESTIONNAIRE – on all 3 days content