Labour Law Update: Latest Labour Legislation in South Africa
Johannesburg: For future dates email email@example.com
Pretoria: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email email@example.com
Single: R2,250.00 (R2,565.00 incl. VAT)
Group booking of 3 delegates or more: R1,999.00 (R2,278.86 incl. VAT) per delegate – T&Cs apply.
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this one-day session we will cover the following:
- The amended labour legislation, did it change compliance or is it business as usual?
- Why do the CCMA and Bargaining Councils settle so many cases?
- What are the pitfalls employers fell in since the new legislation was enforced?
- Is procedural unfairness much stricter under the new LRA?
- What can the Sherriff do when an order is made in the absence of the employer at the CCMA or Council?
- How can employers prevent attachment of its assets or must it first pay?
- How does equal pay in the EEA affect businesses with various operations nationally with different agreements and legislation?
- How do employers deal with labour brokers?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Labour Law & HR Practitioners
- HR & IR Managers
- Line Managers
- Managers responsible for Staff Discipline
- Union Representatives
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Adv. Henk Horn is a member of the National Bar Council of South Africa and holds BA and LLB degrees from UNISA as part time student. He is currently CEO of CATRA, an Employers’ Organisation and Executive Director and Founder of Labourinfo.co.za. He serves as Board Member on two Bargaining Councils as well as a Statutory Council on behalf of the Employers’ Organisation. He has over 20 years’ experience in labour and has worked at DOL, COFESA and was the IR Manager for a Financial Services Company as well as a well-known Local and International Restaurant Group for 10 years.