How to Chair & Conduct Disciplinary Hearings
Johannesburg: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email email@example.com
Single: R5,950.00 (R6,783.00 incl. VAT)
This is an interactive Two-day workshop that can be presented in-house or as a public workshop.
The workshop is aimed at employees who are responsible for direct reports and supervisors / manager who will be responsible for initiating and chairing disciplinary hearings.
The workshop will:
- Provide your managers & supervisors with essential knowledge & valuable skills to initiate & chair Disciplinary Hearings/Enquiries
- Identify dangerous pitfalls & provide solutions to overcome these
- Provide them with the confidence to effectively manage these complex Industrial Relations tasks
- Assist your company to significantly minimise often unavoidable labour litigation which costs big money
- Provide foundation & structure for Enquiries which save and not waste time
- Understanding the concept of corrective discipline.
- Handling a disciplinary incident when it occurs
- Understanding the purpose of a disciplinary hearing
- What a disciplinary Hearing looks like
- Your company specific procedure
- Preparing for a Hearing
- The opening statement
- Questioning techniques
- Cross questioning
- Knowing the basics rules of Evidence
- How to perform in a disciplinary hearing/Pre dismissal arbitration
- Procedural Fairness
- The purpose of a disciplinary hearing
- Difficulties experienced in hearings
- The roles of participants in a disciplinary hearing
- The procedure to follow in a disciplinary hearing
- How to perform in a disciplinary hearing
- The basic Law of Evidence
- Substantive Fairness
- Considering Evidence and making a finding
- Considering a suitable sanction
- Writing a penalty and sanction decision
- Skills practice as Initiator
- Skills practice as Chairperson
- The basics of the law of unfair dismissals
Delegates will obtain answers and solutions to every-day questions relating to:
- Investigation & Preparation Processes
- Managing The Enquiry
- Finding The Proof
- Weighing The Evidence
- Deciding Verdicts
- Issuing Sanctions
- Hearing Appeals
- Valuable Guideline Documentation
Learn how to:
- Avoid pitfalls in investigating a case
- Prepare charges that stick, deal with personal attacks & insults from “opstroppolis” representatives & witnesses
- Cut down on unnecessary time wasting
- Focus on relevant evidence
- Determine issues relating to absenteeism, drunkenness, fraud, theft, negligence, etc.
- Decide on the veracity of proof emanating from lie detectors or entrapment,
- and many more pertinent and practical day-to-day issues!
Note that this workshop incorporates all relevant codes and guidelines on fair procedures for discipline and termination of employment contracts.
Copyright – NORCAZ TRAINING ACADEMY. All rights reserved.