Managing Your Personal Finances
Johannesburg: For future dates email email@example.com
Pretoria: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email email@example.com
Durban North: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Single: R2,850.00 (R3,249.00 incl. VAT)
Group Bookings: 10 Delegates or more R2,400.00 (R2,736.00 incl. VAT) per delegate – T&C’s apply
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to email@example.com
The purpose of this workshop is to put theory into practice and to teach delegates how to manage their money the correct way. During the workshop delegates will get information and methods to assist them in implementing the theory.
What benefits are there for your COMPANY for having your employees attend this workshop?
- The company is more credible because it supports the Wellness Program.
- If the employees manage their finances correctly the company’s market related remuneration would be sufficient.
- Financial stress and depression are the core of many mistakes and wrong judgement in the workplace.
- The employees feel important because the company emphasizes the importance of providing training aimed at the individual’s personal health.
- Teach employees how to manage their own finances and they will manage the company’s finances correctly and have respect for the company’s budget.
- By enabling the employees to set up and manage their personal budgets they will understand the importance of staying within the company’s budget.
- Employees will stop pointing fingers at the employer and putting the blame on low salaries.
- Financial health prevents less temptation for theft, corruption and bribery.
- The company has a long-term alliance because the employees do not run away from debt collectors.
- With no bad debt the employees face the people and answer telephones.
- Employees have a positive attitude, loyalty, high energy and smiling faces.
This course has benefitted many people getting out of debt and helped them to live financially free lives
We have added one additional module to this course, to ensure you stay on track:
ADDITIONAL MODULE: ACTION PLANS
You are accountable to reach your own goals.
Budget is seen as a diet – you will get days that you will cheat.
During this workshop, we will teach you how to eliminate this problem.
CURRENT STATISTICS (Source: FMI August 2013) (Represent Government, Corporate companies and the Private Sector.)
- There are currently +/-50,6m people in South Africa
- 19,1m are credit consumers
- 15m live on grants
- 11,3m are registered employees
- 6,3m are tax payers
- 62% of the credit consumers are behind with their debt
Currently the majority of people in South Africa are battling to make ends meet because they have never been exposed to the basic principles of managing their monthly income. They end up with an empty bank account a few days after receiving a salary. Therefore, they have to learn how to stretch their money further. Managing your finances carefully and implementing proper financial planning will enable you to stretch your income maximally.
This workshop is a journey to assist employees to successfully use and draw up a personal budget to manage their own money.
After this workshop it is each delegate’s responsibility to ensure that the workshop results in changing their financial wellness.
Financially stress free employees result in more productive employees.
Your money can be in your possession for a longer period if you:
- Know your financial limits and stay within them.
- Plan before you spend.
- Know how to hold on to your money for a longer period.
- Know what you want to do with your money.
- Know where your money disappears to.
One of the challenges is to manage our finances successfully.
There are very few of us who can boast with a debt free financial record due to ignorance.
The purpose of this workshop is to put financial wellness within your reach and to give you the knowledge and skills to get that financial record of yours as healthy as possible.
It is also intended to empower you to manage your own finances responsibly.
The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to your own situation…
Healthy people – healthy company – wealthy company
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
Use a personal budget to manage your own money:
- Tracking and categorising own current expenses.
- Compiling a plan to get the most out of one’s money.
- Using a personal budget to manage one’s own money.
- Implementing a savings plan as part of one’s budget.
Investigate credit in your own circumstances:
- Understanding the different kinds of credit available and the implications of credit contracts.
- Researching the cost and possibility of credit in relation to a home loan.
- Identifying the impact of credit on the purchase of household and personal items and how the use of credit adds to the cost of an item.
- Making an informed decision on whether or not to purchase goods on credit.
- Understanding a contract instalment sale agreement.
- Making a decision about what goods should / should not be purchased on credit.
- Understanding the danger of becoming caught in a debt spiral.
What emotions do you experience when you think about your personal finances?
- Have you ever lost sleep about money because of bad planning and / or mismanagement?
- Does the issue of money cause conflict in your home / family? (debt / over – spending)
- Do you feel you get the maximum benefit from your income?
- Has there ever been a garnishee order against your income?
- Have you ever committed an act of insolvency or made late payments or skipped payments?
- Have you stopped answering your phone because of creditors who are phoning you?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to one of these questions, don’t delay.
Register for this workshop immediately.
This workshop will be one of the best investments that you have ever made.
It will change your financial life completely.
- Module 1: Positioning the State of Your Finances
Record and analyse current spending patterns.
- Module 2: Planning Your Finances
Take control of your finances and get the most from your money.
- Module 3: Financial Management
Recognise the need to save as part of personal financial management.
- Module 4: Budgeting
Draw up a personal budget for the next three months.
- Module 5: Credit
Know the different types of credit available to individuals, and the basic principles and legal implications of credit contracts.
- Module 6: Buying a Property or Home
Investigate the cost of credit and various options when buying a property/home.
- Module 7: Cost of credit on household items, clothing and consumable goods
Research the cost of credit on household items. Discuss the cost of clothing and consumable goods in relation to own budget.
- Module 8: Financing a Vehicle
Research the options for financing a vehicle.
ADDITIONAL MODULE: ACTION PLANS
You are accountable to reach your own goals.
Budget is seen as a diet– you will get days that you will cheat.
We will teach you how to eliminate this problem.
This workshop is NQF aligned.
Unit Standard: 10715 – Investigate credit in own circumstances.
Unit Standard: 10718 – Use a personal budget to manage own money.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is for anybody who wants to learn how to manage their personal finances and how to get and stay out of debt. The target market is people earning an income of R3,000-00 to R100,000-00 per month and for people with a positive attitude towards gaining more skills and knowledge about the management of their own finances.