Finance for Non-financial Managers
Johannesburg: 17-18 August 2017
Durbanville, Cape Town: 21-22 June 2017
Durban North: 17-18 July 2017
Single: R5,950.00.00 (R6,783.00 incl. VAT)
Group booking of 3 or more delegates: R5,000.00 (R5,700.00 incl. VAT)
In-House Training sessions: e-mail email@example.com for a quotation with requirements.
Who should attend
All staff members who are involved or responsible for the budgeting system or who would like to understand the basics of financial management, costing and budgeting. This two-day course is aimed at staff with limited financial management experience.
This workshop has been designed for managers whose work experience is not directly in the finance area. It will enhance your understanding of the overall budgeting process and how it all runs parallel to the strategic objectives of the organisation. You will gain an understanding of the financial decision-making framework.
This workshop will equip participants with the analytical skills needed to use financial reports. The integration of investment, operating and financial decisions will be highlighted. This programme will furthermore assist managers in their daily dealings with accounting and financial principles.
Objectives of this workshop:
- Understand the link between the budget and the organisation’s strategic planning
- Understand how budgets are used both for planning and for control
- Learn how the budget can be used for better accounting practices
- Understand cost awareness
- Learn how the budget links with operations
- Learn the importance of linking finance with the organisation
- Know the purpose of budgets and the impact it has on your organisation
Module 1: Corporate Governance
- Implications for organisations
- Good Business Ethics
- Internal Control
- Corporate Ethics
Module 2: Types of Business Entities
Module 3: International Reporting
Module 4: Accounting Rules
- Underlying assumptions of financial statements
- Qualitative characteristics of financial statements
- Elements of financial statements
- Financial – Assets, liabilities and equity
- Profitability – income & expenses
Module 5: The Accounting Equation and the double entry system of accounting including tax
Module 6: Ratio Analysis
Module 7: Budgeting and Costing
- The budgeting process and advantages thereof.
- Different types of costs
- Cost volume profit, breakeven analysis