Business Communication Skills
Randburg, Johannesburg: 12-13 August 2019
Pretoria: 8-9 July 2019
Durbanville, Cape Town: 5-6 August 2019
Durban North: 15-16 July 2019
*** Early bird discount of R600.00 per person available until 10 June 2019 – see details below. ***
Course fee: R4,300.00 (R4,945.00 incl. VAT)
Early bird fee less R500.00 p/p = R3,800.00 (R4,370.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all registrations received paid by 7 June 2019.
Group booking for 3 or more people less R800.00 p/p = R3,500.00 (R4,025.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all registrations received paid by 7 June 2019.
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, please e-mail email@example.com or contact me at: 073 291 0450
We are all expected to communicate effectively in the workplace and to maintain good working relationship; but often our communication is not clear, and our working relationships are less than productive.
During this 2-day interactive course, delegates will identify their communication skills challenges and its impact on understanding. Delegates will learn to improve their listening skills and get a better understanding of the importance of non-verbal and body language in communication and tone of voice. Other aspects of communication that are covered include written communication, e-mail etiquette and strategies for dealing with miscommunication and misunderstanding.
If you wish to improve your communication and listening skills, this is the course for you. Better working relationships between colleagues and within teams will most certainly have a positive impact on the bottom line and make for an efficient and harmonious working environment.
Emphasis is also placed on the importance of good communication skills to improve your customer service via the telephone or face to face communication.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone dealing with customers either via telephone or face to face.
- Call centre operators
- Service Employees at all levels, especially those who operate in teams, give or receive instructions and those who deal with clients.
- Why and how do we communicate?
- Understand the importance of body Language
- The power of non-verbal communication
- Why listening skills are crucial in communication
- Written communication – brief overview
- Dealing with difficult customers and different personalities
- Inter- and intra-personal communication
- Conflict handling in a professional manner
- Understand the importance of E-mail etiquette
- Assertiveness Skills to create a win-win solution
- Negotiation skills – an overview
- The history of communication
- Why do we communicate?
- How do we communicate?
- Are we good communicators?
- Forms of communication
- Communication styles
- Aggression styles in communication
- Two-way communication
- Key points in face to face and telephone communication
- Body Language
- Barriers to communication
- Excellent listening skills
- Key points of listening
- The 7 C’s of communication
- Communication and teams
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Communication and feedback.
- How do I communicate in a conflict situation?
- Overview of negotiation skills
- Overview in written communication
- E-mail etiquette