Practical Management Skills
Johannesburg: For future dates email email@example.com
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durban North: For future dates email email@example.com
Single: R7,400.00 (R8,436.00 incl. VAT)
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 2 Days
90% of people leave their jobs because they have a poor line manager
Over a third of managers have not been trained how to manage – creating relationship and productivity problems.
This Practical Management course is focused on developing managerial and leadership excellence. It also develops a range of useful skills and techniques to build the relationship between leaders and their teams.
The course itself uses psychometric tools, case-studies, group discussions, management games and role plays to enable you to challenge your current way of managing in the workplace. The course is highly interactive and will equip you with the knowledge and tools to deliver improved results on your return to work. You will be able to meet the challenges of your managerial role, preparing you with the necessary skills and expertise to lead any team to success.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Apply a range of practical leadership skills and techniques
- Recognise your own preferred leadership style; and what needs to change
- Access team dynamics and team morale to improve your team’s performance
- Use the stages of team development to get the most from people
- Develop a range of practical team building skills and techniques
- Apply the appropriate leadership style at the right time
- Motivate, delegate and coach your staff with confidence
- Be assertive when required, developing your interpersonal skills and understand how you are perceived
- Provide constructive feedback
- Communicate effectively at all levels and in a variety of settings
Who will benefit?
This course is designed for anybody who needs to improve their managerial skills:
- Do you manage with no formal training
- Are you a high achieving individual with management potential
- Have you recently been appointed or promoted to a management role
- Would you like to brush up your people management skills?