Office Management Programme
Johannesburg: For future dates email email@example.com
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durban North: For future dates email email@example.com
Single: R7,400.00 (R8,510.00 incl. 15% VAT)
Group booking of 3 delegates or more: R6,000.00 (R6,900.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate – T&Cs apply.
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop aims to equip office managers / middle managers to understand their overall role and gives them the skills to lead a team of people and manage the achievement of objectives in their departments. The course also focuses on management, personal and team styles and qualities to motivate people reporting to them and the leadership skills of decision-making and delegation.
This Office Management programme will help you develop key skills that are required for the smooth running of an office, including an assertive and organised approach to managing people. The course will teach you processes that you can incorporate into your office to facilitate harmonious and productive working. Other key skills you will learn include management and planning techniques to improve information flow and achieve objectives.
Who should attend?
This course would ideally suit staff responsible for the planning and organising of an office environment and / or a group of people, e.g. office managers, middle management, senior level administrators or executive assistants and supervisors. This programme will provide new skills and develop confidence to be able to run a smoother operation.
About the Programme
This three-day workshop allows participants to see clearly how offices can be run efficiently and effectively. By developing skills in recruitment, communication, time management, planning and organisation, office managers and senior level administrators can improve business processes, procedures and techniques, to ensure their organisation is working at maximum capability.
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of an office manager
- To understand effective office policies and procedures
- To ensure the smooth running of the office at all times
- To understand different kinds of personalities you as office manager has to deal with
- To learn to manage time more effectively, using planning and organising skills
- To enhance communication skills
- To develop assertiveness skills
- To understand cultural differences
- To display a positive image at all times
- To learn to deal with difficult people and how to manage upwards
What you will learn?
- The ability to implement the tools and techniques of the programme to increase your effectiveness and efficiency
- Ways to schedule your time and prioritise your daily life
- The ability to administratively manage an office
- The ability to manage office personnel
- How to get the best out of your staff members.
- Your role as the Office Manager
- Understanding how your management style impacts your staff
- Emotional Intelligence & IQ enhancement techniques
- Critical leadership competencies
- Key performance areas
- Personality profiles
- T-e-a-m dynamics
- SWOT analysis of gaps to find solutions
- Managing people
- Time Management, Planning and Gap Analysis
* Pareto Principle
* Setting objectives
* Prioritising tasks by urgency and importance
* Identifying time-wasters
* Dealing with interruptions
- Office Ethics
- Problem-solving, decision making, Brainstorming and mind mapping
- Office Administration
- Filing & Organising Tips
- Understand the need for administrative policies and procedures
- Develop efficient filing systems
- Communication and listening skills and why this is important for you as a MANAGER
* Non-verbal communication
* Barriers to communication and overcoming them
- Corporate and grooming etiquette
- Delegation techniques and your credibility image
- Developing assertiveness techniques
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
- Understanding cultural differences
- Managing upwards
- Motivation fundamentals, principles and theories: long term results
* Give what is needed to get what is wanted
* Emotional Intelligence and IQ combined
* Leading by empowering others
* Human desires and influences