Managing and Developing Key Accounts (KAM)
Normal Course fee: R7,200.00 (R8,280.00 incl. VAT) per delegate.
SPECIAL ONLINE FEE UNTIL 17 JUNE 2020 LESS 25% (R1,800.00) = R5,400.00 (R6,210.00 incl. VAT) per person for all new registrations received and paid for by 17 June 2020.
In-house booking for up to 12 people = R21,000.00 (R24,150.00 incl. 15% VAT) per day x 2 days for all NEW registrations received and paid by 17 June 2020. Terms and Conditions apply
Dates: 1-2 July 2020
Technical requirements: Training will be presented live via MS Teams. You need to have access to either a laptop / desktop including activated webcam, earphones, etc. Internet connection (3G or 4G / LTE) – minimum speed of 3.0 Mbps (up / down).
These are available countrywide on request – please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Charlotte at 011: 902-0720 / Ronell: 073 291 0450.
Public Course fee: R7,200.00 (R8,280.00 incl. VAT) per delegate.
DURATION: 2 DAYS
This two-day Key Account Management training course focuses on maximising the potential of key accounts and sales professionals that are critical to an organisation’s success or failure.
This comprehensive workshop covers the practical skills required to maximise and maintain your key accounts, including effective negotiation skills, multiple relationship management, networking, and strategic planning.
Our training also includes relationship building and the skills needed to protect key accounts from competitor attack. Individual coaching, self-appraisal and skills practices will ensure maximum participation and learning. Delegates will leave the course with strategy planning and additional examples of documents they could use.
There is a good mix of theory and practice during the two days which keeps the delegates interested. It is an ideal course for account managers new to the role but even experienced account managers who have attended the course as a refresher often pick up new ideas.
Upon completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify and understand the criteria for key accounts.
- Develop a creative, structured and value generating strategic account plan.
- Manage business relationships to increase own business.
- Understand how to develop a planned approach to increasing business.
- Effectively manage their time
- Understand how behaviours affect clients.
- Complete key documentation that supports account development
- Recognise own strengths, limitations, motivators, and work motivators.
- Identify clear areas for future development.
Who should attend?
This programme is beneficial to professionals working in sales, who are new or have limited experience in Key Account Management. It is not suitable for Key Account Managers with more than two to three years’ experience in their role.
- Understanding negotiations
- Phases in negotiation
- Skills for successful negotiations
Account Management – It’s Big Business
- The profile of a key account
- Selling and account management – the difference
- Account manager – your role and responsibilities
Prioritising – Who are the Key Accounts?
- Researching your customer’s profile and position
- Investment versus return – get your priorities right
- Assessing your strengths, weaknesses, and unique advantages
Planning a Key Account Strategy
- Being clear about the potential of each account
- How to develop a key account over the long-term
- Longer buying cycles and their impact on your sales strategy
- Recognising threats and dealing with them
- Setting specific goals and objectives for each meeting
- Developing and maintaining key accounts in tough market conditions
- Understanding the organisational structure of your account
- Influencing and negotiating with multiple contacts
- Identifying cross selling opportunities
- Identifying and gaining future sales
- Client centred selling – focusing on the real needs
- How and when to adapt your account management style
- Productive meetings and how to achieve them
From Relationship to Partnership
- Alliances across an organisation to maintain preferred supplier status
- Strengthening the relationship through regular contact
- Constructing strategic service level agreements
- Understanding buyers’ needs and objectives
Developing a Business Plan
- When and how to support presentations
- Effective presentations and the essential skills behind them
- How to ensure large contracts bring in large profits
- Using added value to reduce the needs for price cutting