Managing and Developing Key Accounts
* Early bird discount less 20% p/p and group bookings less 25%, off the normal fee.*
* In-house special rate for up to 10 people – R25,000.00 excl. VAT per day. *
* All discount offers available until 25 March 2020. See details below.*
Book with Total Confidence and save with our Autumn / Winter specials.
As with everybody else, the current COVID-19 outbreak has raised several concerns for us at Norcaz Academy too. We want you to feel totally confident about booking onto our events.
If Norcaz Academy needs to reschedule the event, we will simply roll over your booking to the new dates. If Norcaz Academy is unable to run the event again in the next 12 months, you will be entitled to a full refund. This applies to all recent and will be applicable to new bookings received.
Course fee: R7,200.00 (R8,280.00 incl. VAT) per delegate.
Early bird discount less 20% (R1,440.00) p/p = R5,760.00 (R6,624.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 25 March 2020.
Group bookings for 3 or more delegates less 25% (R1,800.00) p/p = R5,400.00 (R6,210.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 25 March 2020.
In-house booking for up to 10 people = R25,000.00 (R28,750.00 incl. 15% VAT) per day x 2 days for all NEW registrations received and paid by 25 March 2020. Terms and Conditions apply.
DURATION: 2 DAYS
This two-day Key Account Management training course focuses on maximising the potential of key accounts and sales professionals that are critical to an organisation’s success or failure.
This comprehensive workshop covers the practical skills required to maximise and maintain your key accounts, including effective negotiation skills, multiple relationship management, networking and strategic planning.
Our training also includes relationship building and the skills needed to protect key accounts from competitor attack. Individual coaching, self-appraisal and skills practices will ensure maximum participation and learning. Delegates will leave the course with strategy planning documents in virtual format.
Upon completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify and understand the criteria for key accounts.
- Develop a creative, structured and value generating strategic account plan.
- Manage business relationships to increase own business.
- Understand how to develop a planned approach to increasing business.
- Effectively manage their time
- Understand how behaviours affect clients.
- Complete key documentation that supports account development
- Recognise own strengths, limitations, motivators and work motivators.
- Identify clearly areas for future development.
Background information to this Managing and Developing Key Accounts training course
This course for new account managers lasts for two days but in reality it could last longer. During day one the delegates have the opportunity to develop a strategic plan for one of their key accounts and this can be as detailed as required. One of the learning points that often comes from this session is how little we know about our clients. Delegates usually leave the course with a list of actions to take for developing a better relationship with their accounts.
There is a good mix of theory and practice during the two days which keeps the delegates interested. It is an ideal course for account managers new to the role but even experienced account managers who have attended the course as a refresher often pick up new ideas.
Who should attend?
This programme is beneficial to professionals working in sales, who are new or have limited experience in Key Account Management. It is not suitable for Key Account Managers with more than two to three years’ experience in their role.
- Understanding negotiations
- Phases in negotiation
- Skills for successful negotiations
Account Management – It’s Big Business
- The profile of a key account
- Selling and account management – the difference
- Account manager – your role and responsibilities
Prioritising – Who are the Key Accounts?
- Researching your customer’s profile and position
- Investment versus return – get your priorities right
- Assessing your strengths, weaknesses and unique advantages
Planning a Key Account Strategy
- Being clear about the potential of each account
- How to develop a key account over the long-term
- Longer buying cycles and their impact on your sales strategy
- Recognising threats and dealing with them
- Setting specific goals and objectives for each meeting
- Developing and maintaining key accounts in tough market conditions
- Understanding the organisational structure of your account
- Influencing and negotiating with multiple contacts
- Identifying cross selling opportunities
- Identifying and gaining future sales
- Client centred selling – focusing on the real needs
- How and when to adapt your account management style
- Productive meetings and how to achieve them
From Relationship to Partnership
- Strengthening the relationship through regular contact
- Alliances across an organisation to maintain preferred supplier status
- Constructing strategic service level agreements
- Understanding buyers’ needs and objectives
Developing a Business Plan
- When and how to support presentations
- Effective presentations and the essential skills behind them
- How to ensure large contracts bring in large profits
- Using added value to reduce the needs for price cutting