PERSONAL MASTERY AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – NEW PERSPECTIVE
Midrand, Johannesburg: 29-30 April 2019
Durbanville, Cape Town: 15-16 April
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, e-mail email@example.com or phone Charlotte at 011: 902-0720 / 062 162 1640.
Fee: R6,900.00 (R7,935.00 incl. VAT)
Early bird fee less R900.00 = R6,000.00 (R6,900.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 1 March 2019.
Group fee for 3 or more people less R1,200.00 = R5,700.00 (R6,555.00) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 1 March 2019.
This 2-day Personal Mastery and Emotional Intelligence programme focusses on clarifying and deepening our personal vision, focusing our energies, developing patience, and seeing reality objectively.
This course is NQF aligned at level 4/5 and includes various unit standards.
Personal mastery goes beyond competence and skills. It means approaching one’s life as a creative work, living life from a creative as opposed to a reactive viewpoint.
Personal mastery is something that we all want to achieve, whether we know it or not. It is about our journey towards continuous improvement and seeing life from a different perspective. Personal mastery is guided by values such as purpose, vision, belief, commitment and knowing oneself.
Personal Mastery teaches you to identify and work through the root causes of counter-productive behaviours, encouraging you to change in ways you never thought possible.
Personal mastery is about:
- understanding exactly how you think,
- why you do things the way you do,
- having clarity around your purpose and direction in life and
- taking steps towards continual learning and development to evolve and enhance oneself.
Personal mastery is not achieved overnight, but rather something that we strive towards in our journey of life, adopting a more satisfying, successful, happier and fulfilling life.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to make powerful, significant improvements in their lives including Middle Managers, Executive PAs, Administrators, Supervisors and Junior Managers.
2-DAY PROGRAMME OUTLINE
- Definition of personal mastery?
- Know the key principles of personal mastery
- Define your personal vision, mission and values
- Understand yourself
- Making confident choices that will impact your personal journey
- Understand the principles of personal continuous improvement
- Effective Strategies for successful self-mastery
- Personality profiling
- Personal Mastery influencing:
- Effective communication
- Increased confidence
- Your career and relationships: personal and work-related
In this programme we will cover the following:
- Understanding yourself
- Personal vision and purpose
- Loving oneself
- Proactive behaviour
- Contribution to others
- Positive attitude
- Overcoming fears
- Balance in life
- Achieving success
Ultimately, personal mastery is about creating your own life and driving your own destiny. You can make any choice you want to. Personal mastery is the journey towards understanding yourself, knowing where you want to go, and continual learning and development to help you achieve absolute happiness, success and life fulfilment.
THE FRAMEWORK OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Be your best – Emotional intelligence skills build success more than IQ, education or technical skills combined.
- Build leadership skills – This emotional intelligence course transforms managers to leaders by creating laser focus on personal strengths, inter-personal skills and resilience.
- Embed positive behaviours and culture – Learn a framework of high performance for cultures, teams and individuals.
- Develop EQ skills that matter – Our emotional intelligence seminars help you build powerful self-management, positive beliefs, relationship skills, motivation, collaboration and conflict mitigation skills.
This session of the training programme is practical, motivates and challenges on both an intellectual and emotional level. The programme is designed to spark thinking in novel ways and encourage leadership behaviours building both success at work and for life. Various practical skills and theory are covered in this programme and we will assess your EQ in detail to reveal your potential. Designed for a range of learning styles, you’ll uncover how to read and interpret emotions, improve self-awareness and self-expression. We also reveal how emotionally intelligent leaders use their EQ skills and explore why EQ is more important than IQ.
The 5 Components of the EQ Model
The 4 Dimensions of Emotional Intelligence
Why is Developing Emotional Intelligence Skills Important?
Why should we care about developing our Emotional Intelligence skills?
Self-Management and Relationship Management
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
How Emotional Intelligence effects decision-making
Emotional Intelligence and communication
Emotional intelligence is closely related to communication skills; those high in EQ also tend to be proficient in their communication abilities.
Learn what emotionally intelligent leadership looks like
- Discover the 5 key purposes of emotions
- Explore the key aspects of Emotional Intelligence
- Practice mind-body exercises including powerful relaxation techniques
- Learn 3 significant stress reduction (resilience) techniques to master emotions
- Learn to read the key emotions in people and what they mean
- Learn to increase and have a greater emotional self-awareness
- Learn how emotions help you connect, persuade and manage people
- Understand the importance of managing beliefs
- Reveal how strong EQ is in leadership
- Learn the power of balancing empathy & assertion
- Learn how EQ testing and models build self-awareness and high performance
- Self-test your detailed EQ skills
- Uncover your EQ strengths & development areas
A few assessment tools are included in this programme and will be dealt with in detail by the facilitator.