Emotional Intelligence (EQ): Strategies for Success
Johannesburg: 5-6 September 2018
Durbanville, Cape Town: 17-18 September 2018
Single: R6,200.00 (R7,130.00 incl. 15% VAT)
Group Booking of 3-5 delegates or more: R5,800.00 (R6,670.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate – T&Cs apply.
Early bird fee: R5,200.00 (R5,980.00 incl.VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 10 August 2018
Group Bookings for 3-5 delegates: R5,000.00 (R5,750.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 10 August 2018. T&C’s Apply
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to email@example.com
The rules are changing. Success used to be measured by what you knew or how smart you were. But today it’s how you handle yourself and your relationships at work. EQ is more important than IQ, the traditional method for measuring your intelligence. EQ consists of both inter-personal and intra-personal intelligences. Groundbreaking research concluded that people with high EQ generally perform better at work than those with high IQ. Contrasted with the traditional IQ which cannot be changed, you can develop, learn & continue to develop as you go through life, learning from your experiences.
How then can you develop your EQ? How can EQ make you work more effectively at the workplace?
Today’s fast pace & high rate of change requires different skills for survival and success. Higher stress levels require better handling abilities. Mentoring relationships at work are particularly essential in times like these. Expertise in a particular field plays a lesser role while internal qualities like resilience, initiative, optimism & adaptability are taking on new value.
The purpose of this course is to acquaint you with the principles of EQ, help you to assess your own abilities and guide you to heightened awareness of ways how EQ can help you get the results you require at the workplace.
You will experience 2 full days of interactive & dynamic instruction on the 4 main dimensions of EQ: self-awareness, self management, social awareness and relationship management.
- Improve teamwork and teambuilding skills through greater EQ
- Enhance cooperation through better relationship building skills
- Develop a emotionally intelligent work environment
- Understand and work better with different personality styles
Upon completion of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Learn to apply EQ at work and understand why they need to develop this important skill
- Identify their personal strengths and blind spots revealed through self-assessment
- Gain an honest and accurate awareness of themselves to perform more effectively
- Monitor and adapt their own emotions for the benefit of themselves, their team and department
- Master self management skills in ways that boost productivity and accomplishment
- Apply relationship management skills in ways that enhance the ability to work collaboratively, resolve conflicts and achieve dramatic results
- Be able to use practical EQ techniques in work-related applications including communication, leadership, management, coaching, working with others, sales, customer service and supervision
- Have a positive influence on the emotion and motivation of others
- Develop cohesive, emotionally intelligent working relationships
Who Should Attend
- all managers, executives and non-executives who want to enhance their EQ so that they can understand themselves and interact with others better.
- all who need to improve their effectiveness at both the interpersonal and professional levels.
- all who aim to keep updated on recent, cutting-edge developments in EQ with improved collaboration and conflict management skills.
Why do you need EQ to achieve the desired work success?
- The emotional brain – intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligence
- EQ vs IQ – what? when? why? how?
- Framework and 4 dimensions of EQ
- Consequences of low EQ on work effectiveness
- How does EQ impact on your life, career and business
- Activity: Power of deep breathing
Explore and develop self-awareness
- Personality Profiling – self-assessment of behaviour pattern
- Who are you? What do you see? How do you feel most times? What do you think?
- Scoring and interpretation of results – take stock of your strengths and limitations
- EQ test – how emotionally intelligent are you?
- Increasing your self-esteem and self confidence:
- changing negative self-image
- self-esteem plan
- ways to build self-confidence
- changing negative self-image
- Reflection: Wheel Of Life – Life Map and Picture
- Anchoring self-confidence
What triggers you emotionally?
- Observe yourself and be aware – recognize emotional patterns
- Identifying hidden emotional triggers – word / event triggers
- Identify the true nature of your fears
- Discover emotional navigation skills
- Action plan to get rid of a lifetime of negative programming
- Techniques to remove emotional blind spots and defuse emotional hot buttons
Develop Self-Management skills
- Strategies to increase emotional self-control and to manage moods
- Ensure you have purpose, direction and goals in life
- Understanding self-motivation and attitude effect:
- re-energizing and recharging yourself
- your personal quiet time
- stress management
- re-energizing and recharging yourself
- Techniques for increasing hope, optimism and motivation
- Facing changes – adaptability and flexibility
- Self-control exercises: anger / stress / anxiety management, coping thoughts, mood management skills, managing negative emotion.
How to change your mental state instantly to positive
- Change your physiology
- Change your mental map / blueprint
- Change your focus
- Change the meaning you give to life – reframing
- Anchoring your wins in life
- Interactive practical exercise: all 5 techniques
Mental techniques for handling stress
Anticipating and avoiding potentially stressful situations. Learn coping techniques such as relaxation therapy, visualization and positive thinking for handling workplace stress.
- Techniques of affirmation, visualization, self-talk therapy
Develop social awareness
- Organizational awareness – relating and working well with people
- Learn about insight analysis and communicate with EQ
- Perception and applying EQ to different situations
- Guidelines to develop empathy and insight analysis – how it matters in your life
- Role Play: Perceptual Positioning
- Develop sensory acuity to boost your ability to empathize and pitfalls to avoid
Develop successful people skills for improved relationships at the workplace
- Relationship management – underlying behaviours and tips for improvement
- Learn to deal with conflicts and emotionally charged situations
- Building rapport to achieve trust and creating collaboration
- Role play: techniques for rapport building and constructive feedback; factors that hinder feedback
Follow-up one-on-one coaching sessions are available on an adhoc basis on request at an additional cost.