Business English for Second Language Speakers
Online Workshop dates:
Dates: 25-26 June / 17-18 August 2020
In-house training sessions and group bookings
These are available countrywide on request – please e-mail me at email@example.com
or contact Charlotte at 011: 902-0720 / Ronell: 073 291 0450.
Normal Course Fee: R5,900.00 (R6,785.00 incl. VAT) per delegate.
SPECIAL ONLINE early bird fee less 20% (R1,180.00) per delegate = R4,720.00 (R5,428.00 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 25 June 2020.
Group booking for 3-5 delegates less 25% (R1,475.00) per delegate = R4,425.00 (R5,088.75 incl. VAT) per delegate for all new registrations received and paid by 25 June 2020.
Technical requirements: Training will be presented live via MS Teams. You need to have access to either a laptop / desktop including activated webcam, earphones, etc. Internet connection (3G or 4G / LTE) – minimum speed of 3.0 Mbps (up / down).
This two-day workshop has been developed specifically for second language speakers in the workplace and others who wish to improve their spoken and written English for work, business, studies, or personal development.
During the workshop, the facilitator will introduce vocabulary and functional language which will be presented in a realistic context and reviewed with the aim of it becoming a natural part of the delegates’ verbal and written communication.
Most corporate companies are part of the global market which means having globally literate staff. This means companies should ensure that staff members can meet the challenges of conducting business in all forms of communication: written, verbal or non-verbal. This workshop aims to develop the skills and abilities of staff at all levels in your organisation to ensure that you stay ahead in the market your company operates in.
This course further aims to enhance employees’ English communication skills that can be applied to real workplace situations. Delegates will develop better negotiation skills and conflict handling skills through better communication and will be able to develop a better cross-cultural understanding and the ability to adapt to different work situations.
Effective communication strengthens the connections between a company and all its stakeholders and benefits businesses in many ways
After completion of this course, delegates will be able to be more efficient in:
- decision making and faster problem solving techniques
- increased productivity and better workflow
- handling effective business relationships
- communicating more effectively with prospective clients and customers
- writing professional business letters and emails
- enhancing the professional images for both employees and companies
Core language skills
To use English effectively in the business world, people need to strengthen their core language skills, i.e. speaking, reading, listening, and writing. In this session, the following core skills will be brought home to delegates via interactive learning, exercises, and repetition:
• Pronunciation, clarity, and coherence in speech
• Comprehension in reading
• Organisation, task achievement and coherence in writing
• Separating the gist from detail in a listening task
• Social English and Etiquette
• Corporate culture
• Managing People
• Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Understanding body language as part of communication
• Learn standard phrases for telephone conversations
• Interpreting the caller’s tone
• Paraphrasing for confirmation
• Using intonation to reinforce message
Active Listening Skills
• Elements of listening skills
• Difference between hearing and listening
• Verbal and non-verbal signs
• 10 principles of active listening
Conflict Handling & Problem-solving Skills (an overview)
• Different conflict styles
• The importance of good listening skills
• Understanding negotiations
• Three phases of negotiations
• Skills / Characteristics for successful negotiations
• Using appropriate tone
• Write perfect subject lines and text
• Clean up e-mails before forwarding them
Business Letters and Report Writing
• Common English phrases to use in letters and reports
• Writing a coherent report in English