Entry Level Supervisory Skills Programme
Johannesburg: 23-25 August 2017
Durbanville, Cape Town: 28-30 August 2017
Durban North: In-House
Single: R6,950.00 (R7,923.00 incl. VAT)
Group Bookings of 3 delegates or more: R5,950.00 (R6,783.00 incl. VAT) per delegate – T&C’s apply.
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
DURATION: 3 Days
NQF Aligned Level 4
Emotional Intelligence and Supervision
This is an interactive three-day workshop for supervisors and delegates who will walk away with an understanding and knowledge of the meaning and importance of being an Emotional Intelligent Supervisor / Leader in the workplace and will understand the five competencies of Emotional Intelligence.
Manage and lead with Emotional Intelligence and learn about the cutting edge requirements to be an exceptional supervisor / leader who can lead your team to greater heights in the workplace by being emotionally intelligent combining heart and head for phenomenal success.
This workshop is designed to teach supervisors / leaders key team building and resilience skills. Goals are looked at in detail, change and anger management are dealt with in terms of effects on the brain and body and mentorship probabilities are investigated as a next step.
This workshop will further explore the concept of Emotional Intelligence and allows for its practical application in the workplace, as well as in other areas of life.
The ability to understand and control your emotions opens many doors for self-empowerment and will enable delegates to lead their lives and understand others more effectively.
The skills and techniques acquired through harnessing and improving one’s emotional awareness and intelligence are invaluable to all people who see the benefits of emotionally mature communication in the workplace and beyond.
This workshop further focuses on the equipping Supervisors with the requisite leadership skills as they develop their managerial and supervisory style, grooming them to advance their careers in management. The course sets out the skills and processes entailed in the supervisory role and lay a platform of systems and proficiencies, through which the Supervisor is able to encourage effective implementation of supervisory skills and structures throughout their teams.
- Plan, organise and allocate work in accordance with work unit’s business plan
- Communicate methods
- Understanding of individuals within the work unit of their roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Manage interpersonal team processes to achieve required output
- Ensure progress against plan is continuously tracked
- Accurate progress information is gathered and reported
- Progress reports are analysed and necessary corrective action taken
- Evaluate achievement of work unit objectives
- Outcomes are prepared with key performance areas as identified in the work plan and results reported in the format as required
Emotional Intelligence and Supervision
The 5 competencies of Emotional Intelligence:
- Self-regulation: managing your emotions and become adaptable and innovative in stressful situations.
- Self-awareness: what drives you and what are you passionate about.
- Self-motivation: channel the power of your emotions towards a goal that will motivate and inspire yourself and your team in the workplace.
- Effective relationships that will develop with social skills, successful interacting with people and becoming better communicators and negotiators.
- Empathy: making a connection with people and being attuned to staff / customers’ needs and responses and to then act appropriately.
- Leadership styles and qualities necessary to lead and motivate your team as Supervisor
- Dealing with leadership behaviour, challenges and trust
- Self-improvement: You and your team’s dynamics
- Good communication skills
- How to interact with superiors, staff and colleagues
- Effective skills of decision making and delegation
- Identify roles, responsibilities and accountability within the team
- Team membership and team leadership
- Critical supervisory skills and techniques
- Problem solving
- Motivation fundamentals, principles and theories
- How to build management skills for yourself and your team
- Basic planning, organising principles and skills
- Skills required to succeed as a leader
- You and your team’s challenge: building and coaching others
- Performance Techniques: Earn their respect while measuring
- Appraising performance
- Information gathering, validation process and logical conclusions
- The importance of planning, the process and reviewing the plan