Leadership without Title
Johannesburg, Midrand: 20-21 February 2020
Durbanville, Cape Town: 3-4 March 2020
Durban North: 16-17 March 2020
** Early bird discount less 20% per person and group booking discount of 25% per person off the normal fee – available until 18 December 2019 – see details below**.
Single: R7,950.00 (R9,142.50 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate
Early bird fee less 20% p/p (R1,590.00) per person: R6,360.00 (R7,314.00 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate for all NEW registrations received and paid by 18 December 2019. Terms and Conditions apply.
Group discount for 3 or more delegates less 25% (R1,987.50.00) per person: R5,962.50 (R6,856.88 incl. 15% VAT) per delegate for all NEW registrations received and paid by 18 December 2019. Terms and Conditions apply.
For in-house group bookings and other enquiries, please e-mail Ronell at email@example.com or contact Charlotte on 011: 902-0720 or Ronell at 073 291 0450.
This workshop is NQF aligned and include Unit Standards such as: 7859, 15094, 252031, 7818, 10327, 242819, 242821, 242824, 252043, 252034.
Titles mean something: Team Leader, Manager, Supervisor, CEO – they are all titles bestowed on those who are called by an organisation to lead. They have the official duties and responsibilities that go with the title.
John Maxwell says leadership is influence. If that is true, are the people with the titles the only ones called to lead? No. The title gives them some positional authority, but leaders are needed at every level of an organisation.
Those without positional authority can and should lead. A team with leaders at every level will beat any team with leadership centralised at the top.
We all have the ability to influence others no matter our title. Leading without a title is the purest form of leadership. It might not always be easy, but it is necessary.
Some people want to lead, but frustration sets in because they feel their title does not allow them to lead. A title is only as good as the leader who holds it.
Titles don’t make a leader, influence does. We all have opportunities to influence others. Therefore, we are all called to lead.
Lead where you are. The cream will rise to the top. Leaders may not get a new job title, but they will rise in influence. (Dave Anderson).
This programme has successfully been rolled out within one of the major banking groups in South Africa as well as in some of their branches in Africa.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This interactive 2-day programme is ideally suited for all Personal Assistants and Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Line Managers, Sales Managers, HR Managers and Supervisors, who wish to develop their leadership skills.
DAY 1 – EMPTY YOUR CUP
INTRODUCTION: MIND YOUR BUSINESS
It’s seldom about you
- Taking things personally
When it is about you
- Taking ownership
* Choose your attitude
* Your best is good enough; only if it IS your best
- Be full of Integrity
* Take responsibility for how you Influence
* Accept, but learn to manage imperfection
YOU NEED NO TITLE
- What is a leader?
* Management and leading
* Power in leading
* You lead all the time
* Importance of Emotional Intelligence in being able to LEAD
COMMUNICATING IN A DIVERSE WORLD
Personality and Communication
- Identify your communication style
* Speak their language
The art of Listening
- The power of silence
* 4 Levels of listening
* Give them what they need
* Skills to improve understanding
- Broken telephone
* Misunderstanding and disagreement
* The pyramid of trust
* The concept of Clearing
DAY 2 – BECOME THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE
THREE PILLARS OF EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
- Know where YOU are going before you decide who will accompany you
Beliefs and values
- The power of the subconscious mind
* When your beliefs don’t serve you and how to change them so that they do –
The man in the mirror
Personal Growth and Development
- The urgency vs. importance problem
* The wisdom / fear paradox
* Design your own Personal Development Plan (Personal Development Plan)
LEAD WITHOUT HAVING A TITLE
- Are you a leader and if not, why not?
* Change is assured in life
* The art of influence
* The beauty of conflict
DAY 3 – LEAD FOR SUCCESS
- Leader-ship as part of Strategic Management
· Composition and management of teams
· Patrick Lencioni’s 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
· Characteristics of high performing teams
- Knowledge is useless until it is applied.
·What stops you from making a difference? – How SMART are you?