Advanced Women Leadership Programme
Johannesburg: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email email@example.com
Durban North: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Single: R9,900.00 (R11,286.00 incl. VAT)
Group bookings for 3 delegates: R8,900.00 (R10,146.00 incl. VAT) T&C’s apply
In-House Training sessions: available on request – send an e-mail with specifications to email@example.com
DURATION: 3 Days
This workshop will:
- Transform the way woman leaders think, lead, manage and solve problems.
- Challenge woman business leaders and managers both personally and professionally.
- Expand woman managers’ business repertoire to include new concepts and practices.
- Prepare upcoming women leaders for organisational transformation by learning how to lead responsibly, ethically, and strategically.
- Build new approaches in resolving issues, increase confidence to drive change and enable woman leaders to develop and share visions.
- Assist woman leaders to lead and motivate their companies and teams.
PROGRAMME DAY 1
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – A Concept Overview & Self Awareness
Knowing ourselves (and those whom we lead), is the fundamental key to effective team development. Emotional Intelligence is the ability we need to identify, understand and control our thoughts and feelings as managers or leaders, communicate them clearly to others and interact with empathy towards others’ emotions.
This section of the workshop will teach the basis of emotional intelligence and give guidelines on applying the theories in everyday situations that arise when working with subordinates.
Objectives on (Emotional Intelligence) will ensure that delegates are able to:
- Understand the concept of emotional intelligence and how this impacts on leadership
- Analyse the relationship between:
Emotional Intelligence / Self Awareness / Self-Management / Social Awareness
- Apply techniques for responding to situations in an emotionally intelligent manner.
Communicate Authentically & Lead Courageously
Authentic communication is not a technique, but a way of thinking and behaving.
Delegates will learn:
- Why sources of conflict are maintained
- Conflict and it’s creative potential
- Strategies to be authentic
- Ways to build honest relationships
- Practices for improving dialogue
- Practices of self-management
Conflict Management and Assertiveness Skills
- Introduction to Conflict
- What is Conflict and its creative potential
- Shifting views on conflict management
- Perceptions and Conflict
Understanding your personal genius and acknowledging the genius in others
- Knowing ourselves (and those whom we lead), is the fundamental key to great team development
- Your genetic dominance create your perceptions and reality
- The effect of fear and anger on the body and mind … productivity
- Learning from Aristotle
- What is your personal ideal situation compared to that of your staff
- Potential compatibility
- Employee adherence: toxic and virused or healthy and strong
- Transactions between people to prevent toxic behaviour
- Human desire to influence
PROGRAMME DAY 2
CHARACTER-Based Leadership: What makes a good woman leader?
Leadership Before, Now, and After:
- What makes a good women’s leader?
- Character-based and ethical leadership qualities
- Leadership throughout the history
- Contemporary leaders: What makes them successful?
- Are there specific traits and competencies of a successful woman leader? What if I don’t fit the type?
- The woman leader of tomorrow: What will she look like?
- Determining leadership strengths
- Addressing leadership derailers
- Leveraging your strengths and overcoming your potential derailers to be the leader of tomorrow
Team Development and Team dynamics:
- The different types of followers and how to develop the type which is most effective.
- The essential relationship between team followership and leadership.
- Importance of team effectiveness.
- Theory of teams and team dynamics.
- Different types of teams.
- Characteristics of high performance teams.
- Techniques for managing team dynamics.
PROGRAMME DAY 3
Performance Management: Leading & Coaching others
- Competencies of a Woman Leader
- Coaching techniques
- Values and belief systems
- Employee adherence
- Understanding the process of change
- Losing and coping
- Four employee reactions to change
- Ownership and comfort zones
- Sources of stress and how to deal with it
- Negotiation skills
Creativity and Innovation
Understanding Creativity and Innovation
- Defining the terms
- The difference between Creativity and Innovation
The importance and value of Creativity and Innovation
- The importance to organizations: A quest for survival
- Are you a creative leader?
Harnessing Creativity in the Innovative process
- When and how to apply it at work
- How to translate creative ideas to reality effectively
- Creative Output and the Management of Change
Some useful techniques for creative thinking
- Mind Mapping
- Brain Storming
- Thought Showers
- Nominal Group Technique