Cape Town: tbc.
Port Elizabeth : tbc.
Single: R1,750.00 (R1,995.00 incl. VAT)
This half-day seminar is designed to raise awareness of issues relating to stress in the workplace and how to manage stress in oneself and others.
At the end of this seminar delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms associated with stress in themselves and others.
- Understand the causes of work related stress.
- Understand the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Use strategies for reducing stress in themselves and others.
1/2 day from 8:30 – 13:00.
What is stress?
- The difference between pressure and stress
- Recognising the symptoms of stress
- Potential sources of pressure
- Dealing with change
- The concept of resilience
- Improving your own resilience
- Improving resilience in others
- Circle of influence
- Expressing your feelings appropriately
- Assertive vs passive behaviour
- Recognising your own needs and those of others
- Goal setting and priority management
- Relaxation techniques
- Personal stress eliminators – tools and techniques
Stress: Health & Safety at Work regulations
- Understanding legal requirements and responsibilities
- Putting the regulations into practice and complying
Personal Action Planning (interactive)
- What will I do differently?
- Putting learning into practice in the workplace