Johannesburg: For future dates email email@example.com
Durbanville, Cape Town: For future dates email firstname.lastname@example.org
Single: R4,000.00 (R4,560 incl. VAT)
Group Bookings of 5 or more delegates: R3,700.00 (R4,218.00 incl. VAT) per delegate – T&C’s apply
In-House Training sessions: quotations available on request – e-mail email@example.com with complete requirements.
During this one-day seminar we aim to reveal the best practices and principles required in organisations and the public sector to ensure the development of leaders and directors to add real value to the business world by enforcing good corporate governance in the workplace.
At this one-day seminar we will discuss the implications of King III on business and what effect the changes to The New Companies Act has on organisations.
Important issues that will be covered include:
- The necessity for King III and what the new governance implications mean for companies
- What are the new implications for companies and how these will affect you and your company
- Understanding the new Apply or Explain governance framework and how to apply this effectively
- Governance aspects as per the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA)
- International Corporate Governance trends and the effect of this on South African businesses
- The Key Principles of King III that determine the changes you need to make
This seminar will:
- bring executives up to speed on the latest legislation and best practice standards
- examine all the elements that need to be incorporated into an organisation’s governance, risk and compliance strategy and explore practical measures for implementing this within their organisations
- The governance aspects of the Companies Bill and King III
- The duties of directors
- How managers and directors get into trouble
- A framework of corporate governance
- Corporate governance about principles and practices
- What is good corporate governance?
- Who is the leader of the company?
- To whom is the board accountable?
- Are you practicing the inclusive approach?
- Risk and the non-financial aspects of governance
- Governance issues as per the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA)
- The Prevention & Combating of the Corrupt Activities Act
- IT Governance
- Internal Audit
- Quantitative and qualitative governance
- Code of conduct and Corruption
- Board self-evaluation
- Role and function of the board
- The role of the chairman
Who should attend?
CEOs, Directors, CFOs, Chief Accountants, Company Secretaries, Legal Advisors, Finance Directors / Managers, Risk and Compliance Managers, CSR Managers, Public Relations Managers / Directors, Client Relationship Managers / Leaders,
Public Sector : Managers and HODs at National, Provincial and Government levels, Local Governments and Municipalities.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE FACILITATOR – Dirk Coetsee
The seminar will be facilitated by Dirk Coetsee LLM. Dirk is a practicing attorney with more than 30 years experience to provide an in-depth understanding of the all aspects of Corporate Governance in line with King III and the effect it will have/has on doing business in South Africa today. Directors’ and managements’ roles, duties, risks and liabilities are severely affected by the Act as well as the recommendations of the King III Report. Dirk has extensive facilitation experience and knowledge in all relevant areas ranging from induction training of directors and employees, performance evaluation, risk identification and management as well as the alignment of contracts with the provisions of the the various Acts.